Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
Yes my cooling fans run. With the A/C on it takes about a 30 minute drive for the temp gauge to slowly rise to the A, L level. As soon as I turn off the A/C, within 5 to 10 minutes its down to the R,M but doesn't go below there until the car has been off for an hour or so. I can drive it in cooler weather (75-80) with the A/C on and it will stay around the R,M area until I turn the car off for a couple of minutes and then restart it. Then it will quickly go to the A, L level. I'm looking at a 600 mile trip this weekend. Still sound like the waterpump?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Don't mess around with a cooling problem and a 600 mile trip. Take care of the issue now. Even without the long trip, the consensus here would be to fix the cooling problem before you do any (more) damage to the engine. Check out the "How to" for channging the WP.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
after reading through this problem i also would have to say change the pump and thermostat, i had the same problem with my 626 the thing gets old metal gets worn out and just begins to stick. just my 2 cents. good luck

A
A
Thanks for all the help. I'll change the pump and thermostat tomorrow.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I to will be doing the pump this weekend Just to be on the safe side. If indeed i pull the water pump and it is the newer impella (i doubt it is but just in case) should I replace it anyway or take the new one back? Anything else I should do down there. Will be replacing WP and thermostat.

1996 Contour V6 2.5L 24V 5 speed Shift knob: pilot Nickel Metallic Millennium Plus Series Foglights: Pilot Pictures: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/787584
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by chbix:
should I replace it anyway or take the new one back? Anything else I should do down there. Will be replacing WP and thermostat.

I'd completely replace the coolant as well and make sure that you get a new (?o-ring/gasket?) for the t-stat. And if you have time, consider replacing the fluid in your mtx.

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I was considering doing that as well but...... I was thinking I recently had a new clutch installed, and I recall being charged for fluid.... might do it anyway just to be safe.

1996 Contour V6 2.5L 24V 5 speed Shift knob: pilot Nickel Metallic Millennium Plus Series Foglights: Pilot Pictures: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/787584
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by chbix:
I was considering doing that as well but...... I was thinking I recently had a new clutch installed, and I recall being charged for fluid.... might do it anyway just to be safe.

I'd do it anyway because they probably didn't use the best fluid for our cars...

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard