definitely.. if the impellar that is currently in there is black plastic, its close to death (I suspect that's gonna end up being your overheating problem, as well). Unfortunately, the only way to KNOW that it is/isn't black plastic is to take it off.. this ruins the current gasket that is pressed in there, and so you'll need, at a minimum, a new gasket and top-off coolant. if it ends up being black plastic, then you'll need the white plastic, or metal, impellar as well.

The gasket comes with the impellar, should you decide to buy one.

I suggest replacing the WP (unless you know it isn't the culprit, which I suspect it is) with a new white WP impellar, regardless. I am banking on the fact that once you pull it off of there, you'll either see that the impellar spins freely on the shaft that it should be held on tightly to, or that it has crumbled in pieces.

If the latter, piece the impellar together like a puzzle to make sure you got all the pieces out of your cooling system. Once they are all verified to be removed, throw on the new impellar, and you're set.. (top off with coolant..)

Like I said, like 25 minutes or so, even if you've never done anything before. Don't pay to have this done.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.