I can see that you are some bench-racing fools. There is a saying we use in racing, "you can beat 75% of the competition in the shop", I think you guys just got your "arse" handed to you. I would love to get lined up next to one of you guys.

Run 14:1 in one of your contours with pump gas and see if you can get your timing to take care of that, and then tell me that compression has nothing to do with octane rating. Compression ratio is not too vague. You need someplace to start. Then you can take into factor air temp, elevation, humidity, barametric pressure, the whole bit. Did you miss that lecture when Vin Deisel was pulling a wheelie with only one rod left in the block?

I said at 9.8 you need to start THINKING about running race fuel. I didn't say your motor would shell if you ran pump gas with 9.9:1 compression. 9.8 and 10 are pretty close to the same number if you guys arn't too familiar with decimals and math. Why do you think ford doesnt build all of its motors with 12:1 compression? Because the proper fuel is expensive and a little hard to get ahold of. Most of you arn't ever at sea level, so you dont have enough air to get that kind of cylinder pressure anyway. And forget about engineers, they don't have a clue what is going on. There head is burried too far in their calculator to do any good. They probably can't screw in a light bulb without doing a few calculations on how much resistance the friction on the threads is going to give them.

And the comment about running boost in Arizona, the air is hot, which makes it very thin, and also has very little humidity, which makes it even thinner. So you running that "massive" boost you are so proud of is probably only making your contour run in arizona like a stock one would run at sea level.

Lay off the "Fast and Furious" movies, you might learn something and get a little faster.