Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I always have my front windows half way down..evenly..I never have my rear windows down mainly cause the rears have a darker tint, and also carry the www.contour.org sticker

M
mvr Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
i love driving with the windows down its so refreshing, i only put them up if its cold, raining, or a girl asks me to .

Matt -2001 Mustang GT -99 contour se sport mtx v6 (old car)
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Mostly my front ones all the way down, if it's horibly hot outside A/C, with windows down for a few seconds then turn off A/C. I hardly roll my rear ones down, on occasions I do.
BTW, how are them "contour.org" decals after a while when the windows are rolled down occasionally, do they start to wear off? Because I'm considering getting some.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Mine haven't,
Where i park at work i generally have the windows cracked 2-3 inches. They are in the door right now

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by mystique97:

BTW, how are them "contour.org" decals after a while when the windows are rolled down occasionally, do they start to wear off? Because I'm considering getting some.

My rear windows don't get rolled down alot but so far the decals have held up fine (on 2 different Contours). Mine are from parkedcar. His are first rate. As long as you clean the glass with alcohol, not Windex, and apply them properly you should have no problems at all.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

As long as you clean the glass with alcohol.

Just a rubbing alcohol then, like what's the best brand/kind to use?

Last edited by mystique97; 07/13/05 06:26 PM.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
re first rate.

Absolutly. All his vinyl is good quality, plus he is cool in person too

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W

As long as you clean the glass with alcohol.

Just a rubbing alcohol then, like what's the best brand/kind to use?

Just use regular rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. Make sure it's unscented. I keep a bottle in my garage for cleaning wax off the car for the decals and for the windows also. I also used it to clean spray adhesive off the backing plates of my hood pins when I mounted them. Just don't drink any of it.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Just use regular rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. Make sure it's unscented. I keep a bottle in my garage for cleaning wax off the car for the decals and for the windows also. I also used it to clean spray adhesive off the backing plates of my hood pins when I mounted them. Just don't drink any of it.

I'll make a note of that.
Good to know info. Thanks.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I hate using the A/C because of the power you can feel it sapping from the car. I never go more than 55 because of speed limits around here, so no problems associated with the drag from having them down, so unless it's winter or raining, all 4 windows are as down as they can go.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard