Originally posted by SAV:
Hold up hold up...I just noticed you have a Mystique GS.

Mum had a '99 Mystique GS once upon a time. It had the standard Zetec, and I don't recall the 2.5L being an option on Mercury's basement offering in the Mystique line up. I recall that snagging a Duratec bumped you up to the LS line, with sunroof, power seats, leather steering wheel/shift knob and alloy wheels among other things. Unless Mercury did things different just one model year before, I hope to the CDW gods that you're not thinking you can rope it with a Bimmer and a whistled Jetta with an ATX Zetec.

There are semis, school buses, and namely a certain porky red/tan Korean minivan that lay drag times to the weakest of our bretheren.

Please clarify this for us.

-SAV

mother of god! YES I have the Duratec 2.5L V6...what a joke I would be if I were asking this with a zetec. On a side note, the BMW owner and I have both driven each other's vehicles and both figure it would be close which is why we posed the question...mainly cause of the full of himself Jetta owner bragging he would own us both.

As for the GS/LS badging, it remains a mystery to me. I really don't know the difs between LS/GS?, but the LS model had aluminum rims and other options like a sunroof, spoiler, and leather, and fog lamps, whereas the GS was a bit plainer...as far as I know.

Also, I am from Canada, so maybe Mercury didn't even offer Zetec 'stqiques up here....??

But I definitely have the V6. Here's a pic of my engine bay:

-Electric Frost 1998 Mercury Mystique GS SVT side skirts, rear SVT bumper, SVT exhaust, K&N Cone Air intake, 17in ST200 rims 2005 Ford Mustang GT