Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:
Originally posted by 98 SE:
I used to get it up to 4.5-5K occasionally until my ATX started hesitating between first and second. Since that began (about a year ago) I've been treating it much nicer, although once in a blue moon I'll take it up again to feel the power of the V6 under my hood.

Only 4.5-5k? I take mine up over 6, sometimes 7k.

I'm having a hard time believing you ... my ATX won't let me go past 6K and rarely past 5. Maybe your tach is incorrect ... but knowing you (in both mods/knowledge and driving style), it's more likely my foot's just lighter.

My '96 ATX V6 shifts at 6250. And I've always wondered what that whine/ringy sound was. I noticed it on my '95 Zetec and my '96 V6 both. But it's nonexistant on my dad's '01 Sable with the "good" 3.0. Anybody know why? I find it really annoying, so i treasure every moment i spend with the Sable floored. Which isn't often, seeing as how I'm specifically not insured on it.

"Mod your car tastefully because other people have to look at it." -Me
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
How often do you breathe?

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Digital Slacker:

On the svt, I will open it to maybe 4500 some days but most days it stays under 4k. Maybe once a week it see's 6k.

How in the world do you drive under 4K? Unless I'm in town or around cops, I'm at 80 before I know it. I'm invariably at 5000 or 5500 all the time. Hitting higher rev's is so easy (and fun), I honestly don't know how someone can have a car capable of doing what our's do and not drive it quickly. No disrepect intended, it's just hard to understand. I guess it's funny how I think the way I drive is normal then I look in my mirror and everybody is fading away. I'm not reckless, I just get up to speed quickly.

It could also be because I'm a Gemini. While the post is rambling and wordy, it's still interesting. And it describes me very well.

"The number one worst drivers were Geminis, "typically described as restless, easily bored and frustrated by things moving slowly," explained Warren Duke, Suncorp's national manager of personal insurance. "They had more car accidents than any other sign.""

I've been lucky as far as accidents are concerned, mainly because I try to remain aware of my surroundings and not make any stupid moves.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

On the svt, I will open it to maybe 4500 some days but most days it stays under 4k. Maybe once a week it see's 6k.

How in the world do you drive under 4K?

Premium is expensive, I am getting paid crap this summer, and college is eating any left over money

Besides top, going slow is how i keep it so clean

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

Premium is expensive, I am getting paid crap this summer, and college is eating any left over money

Premium is an average of $2 to maybe $2.50 per tank more. (i.e. a drop in the bucket, a trip to vendo land, or half a fast food meal )

With premium fuel you get better gas mileage and performance. Even if you only get 1 mpg better efficiency running the "proper" fuel grade that equals .5 to .7 gallons less fuel for the same mileage per tank. That's is $1.25 to $1.50 saved.

So how much money are you really saving running the wrong grade fuel? Maybe 75 cents a tankfull. Yippee...
If you drop 2mpg you are losing money!!!

Don't even get me started on the BS ethanol or re-oxygenated crap that is a steaming load of beaurocratic nonsense. That is ALWAYS a lose, lose proposition. Power, mileage, emissions, and cost!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Premium is an average of $2

here in florida premium is $2.56 if you're lucky

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Demon,

I don't think he was stating that he runs less than premium.. actually.. oppositely:
He runs premium, but it is expensive, and that is his justification for running the car at 4K or less (which the next poster was wondering how its possible to drive in such a manner...)

We all know you don't read the thread, just whichever posts happen to be visible on your screen when you are on the last post. We won't hold it against ya!

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ZetecChris:

Premium is an average of $2

here in florida premium is $2.56 if you're lucky

Why don't you quote half a sentence out a context a little more.

Read the entire sentence please. You know the "more per tankful" part.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Ray:
He runs premium, but it is expensive, and that is his justification for running the car at 4K or less (which the next poster was wondering how its possible to drive in such a manner...)

Actually my response was for this whole thread.

Umm maybe not...

I have two pages up at the same time and I could have sworn this was the one about not running premium in the SVT because the owner was being a cheap ass and not thinking it through...

Damn pain killers...

Well my comment is still valid.

~~~on topic~~~

I floor it every time I drive it. Redline is my friend.

S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
~~~on topic~~~

I floor it every time I drive it. Redline is my friend.

Originally posted by Soccer Announcement Guy:

Greg comes flying out of the left side of the field with a miraculous save! And the crowd goes wild!!

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard