Originally posted by Ray:
Originally posted by Beachboy:
For me? Its NEVER been floored or taken over 3000 RPM. Don't believe in abusing machinery.

While I can commend you for the absolute change in driving habit it would take to drive in your manner at ALL times, I would have to state that I see "abuse" differently than you, I guess.

I can't imagine the gunk built up on your secondaries (never been opened, you say), the wear your car WOULD see IF you ever took her that high, now (never been broken in, old materials now would wear something fierce!!), or the mileage reduction you "should" be getting from LACK of use. Considering the powerband of this engine, I would think that you'd be doing ALOT more harm than good driving it beneath the major portion of the powerband at all times. (not saying that you are killing your car.. that wasn't a fixed point of reference, more relative, actually.)

Ray

I completely agree. As long as the engine isnt overrevved, its within its limits, and youre not hurting a thing.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods