Originally posted by SVT PETE:
I have to completely disagree with your thinking.

6 classes x 3 places = 18 awards

20 Contours were there. 18 out of 20 get awards? That's pretty lame IMHO.

There should be three classes:
95-97
98-00
SVT
9 awards = almost 1/2 get awards

What we need to do is make sure that everyone parks in the appropriate section for judging purposes.

I'll have to agree with this, and also with the 3 classes idea. That makes more sense since our participation in meets, cruises, etc, seems to be dwindling.

As far as awards are concerned: I don't really believe people "don't care". I do care and it's nice to be recognized BUT it's overall just as important to be able to have fun and hang with friends, fellow enthusiastics, car people--whatever you want to call it. I look forward to the meets just to be able to see people and cars again. But face it, the occasional trophy or plaque is nice too. Who doesn't like to hear positive comments about their rides? The whole purpose of my posting this was to see if others agreed with me as far as having more than 2 classes. Granted, we don't represent like alot of the other classes but IIRC, we're the only one with just 2 classes.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics