Lets just go down to one award. Just call it contour and leave it at that.

I see nothing wrong with either modded/non-modded or SVT/non-SVT classing (I think it was SVT/non SVT this year?)

All the awards are peoples choice awards no real judges there IIRC.

I (who is not a car show person) don't see anything wrong with the current classing. I don't see a real reason to break out the pre-98 contours. I think it is a little different look but some people like it more some less.

Last year when I went my car was "totaled" and I had a red rear bumper on the silver car. I went to have fun and hang out with CEG. I knew I had no chance at awards I just went to bring up the numbers. Even if my car was not totaled I was not there for awards (just ask pete about my paint). I did not even know they had awards there until I got handed my voting sheet on the way in.

My whole take on "trophies" is that if it is something you can use great but if it is just a medal/trophy I see no use for it and I already have to many packed away in boxes from other things I have done. I am getting a nice collection of glasses/mugs from AutoX now but at least I can use those.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends