Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Originally posted by LCraze777:
your last part about 9 awards=almost 1/2 get awards, if thats the focus, then go to cruise-ins and top 30/40 shows, bigger shows will only cater to the "show" vehicles.

I could care less about awards.

Originally posted by LCraze777:
there is nothing wrong with sticking the SVT class with the 98-00 class, just make sure the judge knows the difference between an SVT and a standard Contour 98-00.

This makes zero sense.

You're saying put 98-00 with SVTs, yet the they are judged differently? It would be hard to tell the thousands of judges which are Contours and which are SVTs.

if you dont care about awards, thats fine, but there are alot of people that do and they take it seriously, those are the ones at big shows, top 40, cruise-ins, etc.

im not saying to judge SVT's any differently than your standard SE, but to understand that when an SVT was in production, it had a few different things on it than your standard contour. I guess I look at it from the stand point(and seeing it more and more at big shows) that at ITB, we have 2 truck judges and 3 car judges, and each judge is assigned specifice cars/trucks based on what that person knows. we have one judge that part of his judging is BMW's, Audi's, etc., me and the other car judge do not judge those vehicles as are knowledge on them isnt as great as our 3rd judge. it keeps consistancy. you can do it either way, but if there isnt gonna be enough SVT's at a show, they wont break it down any further.

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com