Wa2Tuff, I've been a part of helping organize our local mustang clubs annual car show for the past few years. We're not a huge show by any means, but we draw 150+ cars on average.

The organizer is right with the fact that there mosre than likely aren't enough cars to support 6 classes. We usually strive to have an average of 5+ cars in a class from year to year or it usually gets merged with another class. On the other hand if we get more than 15 cars in a single class we then try to further break out that class into more segments where possible.

So, by that logic if there were 20 contours at Carlisle it would stand to reason there would be 2 classes minimum as there currently is, but there could be room to add a 3rd class. I would say you'd have more luck suggesting 95-97, 98-00, and a 95-00 modified class. Basically once you get to modifying the car, it doesn't matter the base car nearly as much. If you want to respond to Lisa, I'd suggest this line of reasoning as it would be a lot easier for her to accept as 1 additional class in lieu of 3 additional classes.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale