Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by LCraze777:
your last part about 9 awards=almost 1/2 get awards, if thats the focus, then go to cruise-ins and top 30/40 shows, bigger shows will only cater to the "show" vehicles.

I could care less about awards.

there is nothing wrong with sticking the SVT class with the 98-00 class, just make sure the judge knows the difference between an SVT and a standard Contour 98-00.

This makes zero sense.

You're saying put 98-00 with SVTs, yet the they are judged differently? It would be hard to tell the thousands of judges which are Contours and which are SVTs.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
your last part about 9 awards=almost 1/2 get awards, if thats the focus, then go to cruise-ins and top 30/40 shows, bigger shows will only cater to the "show" vehicles.

I could care less about awards.

there is nothing wrong with sticking the SVT class with the 98-00 class, just make sure the judge knows the difference between an SVT and a standard Contour 98-00.

This makes zero sense.

You're saying put 98-00 with SVTs, yet the they are judged differently? It would be hard to tell the thousands of judges which are Contours and which are SVTs.

if you dont care about awards, thats fine, but there are alot of people that do and they take it seriously, those are the ones at big shows, top 40, cruise-ins, etc.

im not saying to judge SVT's any differently than your standard SE, but to understand that when an SVT was in production, it had a few different things on it than your standard contour. I guess I look at it from the stand point(and seeing it more and more at big shows) that at ITB, we have 2 truck judges and 3 car judges, and each judge is assigned specifice cars/trucks based on what that person knows. we have one judge that part of his judging is BMW's, Audi's, etc., me and the other car judge do not judge those vehicles as are knowledge on them isnt as great as our 3rd judge. it keeps consistancy. you can do it either way, but if there isnt gonna be enough SVT's at a show, they wont break it down any further.

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
if you dont care about awards, thats fine, but there are alot of people that do and they take it seriously, those are the ones at big shows, top 40, cruise-ins, etc.

Again, makes no sense.

What you are saying is "Let's have more awards so people who want them get them" - an "I didn't win first so let's make it easier" attitude. What's the value of the award then? IMO - nothing. Awards should be hard to get - an award for effort/maintenance/work well done, not purely for the sake of getting one.

In addition, from what I could tell, the almost all the CEGers at Carlisle could care less about the awards.

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L

Again, makes no sense.

What you are saying is "Let's have more awards so people who want them get them" - an "I didn't win first so let's make it easier" attitude. What's the value of the award then? IMO - nothing. Awards should be hard to get - an award for effort/maintenance/work well done, not purely for the sake of getting one.

In addition, from what I could tell, the almost all the CEGers at Carlisle could care less about the awards.

i couldnt agree with you more with your statement on awards being hard to get-an award for effort/maintenance/work well done. I enjoy getting a trophy cause it shows my effort in my car, but if i dont get one, then fine, im in the sport to hang out with my friends, my other people, show off my ideas(my car) and learn new things people have done. i was mearly stating that attendance goes up, the profit goes up, and allows for more classes and opportunities for people to place in their class. the original post states that he feels that CEG'ers could have possibly won if the class was broken down more. granted, maybe not all cared about a trophy, but he did and i was stating why i thought there wasnt a better break-down of classes.

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i couldnt agree with you more with your statement on awards being hard to get-an award for effort/maintenance/work well done.

I enjoy getting a trophy cause it shows my effort in my car, but if i dont get one, then fine im in the sport to hang out with my friends, my other people, show off my ideas(my car) and learn new things people have done.

Agreed.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Lets just go down to one award. Just call it contour and leave it at that.

I see nothing wrong with either modded/non-modded or SVT/non-SVT classing (I think it was SVT/non SVT this year?)

All the awards are peoples choice awards no real judges there IIRC.

I (who is not a car show person) don't see anything wrong with the current classing. I don't see a real reason to break out the pre-98 contours. I think it is a little different look but some people like it more some less.

Last year when I went my car was "totaled" and I had a red rear bumper on the silver car. I went to have fun and hang out with CEG. I knew I had no chance at awards I just went to bring up the numbers. Even if my car was not totaled I was not there for awards (just ask pete about my paint). I did not even know they had awards there until I got handed my voting sheet on the way in.

My whole take on "trophies" is that if it is something you can use great but if it is just a medal/trophy I see no use for it and I already have to many packed away in boxes from other things I have done. I am getting a nice collection of glasses/mugs from AutoX now but at least I can use those.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
W
wa2tuff Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I have to completely disagree with your thinking.

6 classes x 3 places = 18 awards

20 Contours were there. 18 out of 20 get awards? That's pretty lame IMHO.

There should be three classes:
95-97
98-00
SVT
9 awards = almost 1/2 get awards

What we need to do is make sure that everyone parks in the appropriate section for judging purposes.

I'll have to agree with this, and also with the 3 classes idea. That makes more sense since our participation in meets, cruises, etc, seems to be dwindling.

As far as awards are concerned: I don't really believe people "don't care". I do care and it's nice to be recognized BUT it's overall just as important to be able to have fun and hang with friends, fellow enthusiastics, car people--whatever you want to call it. I look forward to the meets just to be able to see people and cars again. But face it, the occasional trophy or plaque is nice too. Who doesn't like to hear positive comments about their rides? The whole purpose of my posting this was to see if others agreed with me as far as having more than 2 classes. Granted, we don't represent like alot of the other classes but IIRC, we're the only one with just 2 classes.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
3 classes sounds reasonable, and something they shouldnt really have a problem accomidating...

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
A little FYI - This was the first year that our attendance at the Fords at Carlisle show has dropped since I've been attending it & organising our meets there . IIRC , in '98 I was the only Contique there . Since then , it's grown bit by bit especially in the last few years . In '01 , we had about 15 cars , that grew to about 20 cars in '02 and up to 25+ in '03 . In '04 , we had over 30 cars . Yes , this year it dropped a bit to 25 people registered . Will it go back up ?? Who knows ?? My fingers are crossed , but I'm not holding my breath .

Our current "Contour" classes are :
Contour& Mercury Mystiques
Contour SVT

It would be nice to have a "Contour/Mystique - Modified" class for those who have heavily modified cars , like Tom (way2tuff) and Chris (tour96se) for example . Maybe that would be enough ? A big step would be to park in the correct classes we have .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard