Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Fort Wayne, you guys did an excellent job! It reminded me of SZ's of old.

One suggestion I have is possible a bigger location for the show and shine as we'll need it if we get any more cars. Maybe see if Bailey's will reserve the upper lot for us that they were using for the bike roundup this year. Also, if we do the auto-x again, I'd make sure that we're grouped in the morning run group same as this year as it made it possible for us to attend and still be home by midnight.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
how about Rockford, IL

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
bigger location for the show and shine

i agree...as i know some of us would like to have room to have our doors open to showcase interior work as well....

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Well I am down for Ft. Wayne again. I graduate early May, so thats not a problem. My sister graduates high school like right when it was this last year, and I have to be at her graduation. Hopefully I will be able to attend both, or I will not be in attendance. I was just talking to my mom about this yesterday trying to plan for SZ next year! She drew the line though, hopefully it works out for me.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Hawaii..............

Just playin...Fort Wayne is cool again, Ill make it this time!

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
LOL, on the way to the drag strip was fun. But too slow... Everytime we'd stop the leaders would say, "Okay, we gotta pick up some time, so try not to fall behind." We'd finally break onto the right side of the speedo, but it would only laast for a minute or two, then back to 10 under the speed limit. Even though we all went so far out of our way, the drive was fun! This was my first SZ but Fort Wayne was awesome. I would have no objections to the zing in FW again. Lets get even more people this time though... And make some newbs come!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RawButt:
LOL, on the way to the drag strip was fun. But too slow... Everytime we'd stop the leaders would say, "Okay, we gotta pick up some time, so try not to fall behind." We'd finally break onto the right side of the speedo, but it would only laast for a minute or two, then back to 10 under the speed limit. Even though we all went so far out of our way, the drive was fun! This was my first SZ but Fort Wayne was awesome. I would have no objections to the zing in FW again. Lets get even more people this time though... And make some newbs come!

It's not your fault your tour' will only go that fast... they were showing you pity so you coul dkeep up.

I agree with Rick on both counts, the hsow in shine needs a bigger area and Autocross was awesme and great to have it in the first run. i would, however, like to see MORE peopel attend the autocross. Kind of disapointing to only see less than a 1/4 the SZ attendees be there. .

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by RawButt:

Had people traveled in a pack and not single file, we could have burned through some lights without getting anyone caught up. Then there was Chad that RAN OUT OF GAS WHEN HE KNEW WE HAD A LONG DRIVE AHEAD OF US!! Not sure where else we had to stop, other than people missing lights, but it's not a tough concept to keep up with the people that are leading the pack. Next year I'll make up a very detailed map for the drive down to Muncie Draway. SZ06 in Fort Wayne!!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by HoeClearanceStripper:
i would, however, like to see MORE peopel attend the autocross. Kind of disapointing to only see less than a 1/4 the SZ attendees be there. .

I would say that alot of people did not show up for auto cross because it was early sunday morning. Most people were heading home on sunday and didnt want to be getting up at the buttcrack of dawn!! Well I know that was the issue with me at least, I know that I wanted to get some good sleep for the ride home. Most of us didnt get very good sleep the whole time. I really did want to go to the autoX though but by the time I woke up it was probably over!

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by HoeClearanceStripper:
I agree with Rick on both counts, the hsow in shine needs a bigger area and Autocross was awesme and great to have it in the first run. i would, however, like to see MORE peopel attend the autocross. Kind of disapointing to only see less than a 1/4 the SZ attendees be there. .

We were originally under the impression that we had the entire parking lot for the Show n' Shine. I really don't know the conversations Jim and his Dad had with Marcia Bailey, but I think she misunderstood the date we needed the parking lot. They scheduled an event the same weekend which tied up a majority of the lot, but they did accomodate us with roping off one portion for us to park. We're definitely taking mental notes on what could have been improved upon, and will make sure that these little mishaps don't happen next year.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard