Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
yeah i read sigs and when i first got my car i was looking for a chip and went to adc and it was superchips they were selling at the time, so cameron you need to quit running your mouth. you will learn with age there youngster. and it was my idea to do a gb for the flashers so its what wayne and MYSELF have worked out for ceg'ers. you know you really should be soo 2 faced dude!

Just clarifying something here that everyone seems to not realize the progression of:

ADC: was originally using software/chips/etc from Jerry at Fordchip. They did not use superchips of old.

Jerry from Fordchip.com and Scott from Superchips formed SCT together and both do the base tuning programs that most people and most likely Wayne start with and then customize.
SCT= Superchips custom tuning

ADC is now tuning SCT chips since fordchip is now SCT. So Ryan you're only partially correct in your statement that ADC was selling superchips. They were selling SCT chips.

In any case, since we don't have dyno proof on Wayne's chips as of yet and we do on ADC, there is no reason to argue that he is better than ADC as it's a moot point. However, my bet is still with ADC as they have specialized in the contour for 4+ years.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by XtrudeHoeing:
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:
ok there toad-ras i wont stfu. what brought you into this anyways there dood? ohh i remember you like to pop your head in everywhere and make waves

Umm because I'm trying to figure out who to buy one from! Holy sh!t! Not rocket science. Made up my mind.

Todd are you going XC1 or XC2? Just wondering since I know you are a tuning Guru and would prefer the datalogging feature plus LCD screen with the diagnostics .

I guess I will take that as a "none of the above", given I am under-educated, a member of "the little people" clan, do not 'thrive on learning new things', and part of the 'Todd's an ass to me cause I deserve it crew'. Sorry my question was so lamely dull and useless. I only put an " " icon to signal an attempt to a normal conversation but coming from a tool of a person that I am, I kinda understand why you didn't respond.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Hard to differentiate your everyday drivel to a normal post so I just choose not to respond. Their is enough crap in this thread.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I think one of these 'talkers' has to be Rawburt.

I'm still curious about how the dyno'ing goes... though I'm planning on going with ADC because they haven't annoyed me with senseless ramblings.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I generally keep quiet on topics like this on purpose. But I feel that clarification is necessary.

To clarify, Ford Chips used Diablo delta chips. All software and hardware we used got much, much better and easier after the merger of Ford chips and superchips. We were actually grandfathered into SCT because we were with Jerry before he joined the team. So technically we probably do have more experience. Does that mean we are better? Not necessarily. Let's just say we both know how to tune and call it a day. OK?

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Keyser:
Technically we probably do have more experience. Does that mean we are better? Not necessarily. Let's just say we both know how to tune and call it a day. OK?

Best thing said in the whole damn thread

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
GUYS!!!! people have said they ARE GOING TO DYNO...it doesnt happen overnight ..unless you have a dyno in your garage.....like i said as soon as i get mine back i'll set up a appoitment...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
i want a dyno in my garage that would be sweet now all this talk about chips makes me want some spicier nacho dorito's and its actually a flasher not a chip, hardly anyone uses chips anymore cause flashers are soo much more convinent

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
actually jerry you are WRONG adc was using superchips not sct. they are a different company.

You are wrong.

The were using Diablo & Fordchips and that company merged to form SCT. They even had the SCT software before it was commercially available.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
1. This thread will be locked if does not get back on topic.

2. Several participants in this thread have been warned publicly in other "flame-war" type threads recently. If the flaming/personal attacks do not stop, those individuals will receive a "time out" ban.

Stop the flaming/personal attacks - take that stuff to PMs. (Per forum rules)
Get back on topic.
Dicuss.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard