Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by stilov:
I had a top mount on my home-made set-up. It wasn't under the cowl though.

And IIRC, it was on the intake side, and not right on top of the UIM.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:
You're going to need a much larger cowl.

Since it's a turbo kit that is not designed to use any intercooler at all, I was planning on going thin-core. Besides, I figured that a little cooling is better than NO cooling, so having something like what Dean Joyce has is obviously not my plan, not that the size would help any with such a low given PSI range anyway...

XL

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by XtrudeHoeing:
You're going to need a much larger cowl.

Since it's a turbo kit that is not designed to use any intercooler at all, I was planning on going thin-core. Besides, I figured that a little cooling is better than NO cooling, so having something like what Dean Joyce has is obviously not my plan, not that the size would help any with such a low given PSI range anyway...

XL

So are you going turbo or nitrous?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
So are you going turbo or nitrous?

Mark

If I make my decision based on my budget (the angel on my right shoulder), nitrous it is. If I base my desicion on what I want (the devil on my left sholder), then I'll be boosting. I just closed on a lake front condo and here come a tsunami of bills so I see myself spraying by fall. Still contemplating the way each setup would go. Let's see how things turn out...

XL

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by HoeClearanceStripper:
Originally posted by skunk:
I have a ? .I'm probally going to get jumped on for having an atx but how come no one makes a kit for cars with atx?
I'm just curious.

Because it won't handle the power levels.

Aka... *Ker-SNAP* If you think you have problems eventually under "normal driving condition"... just think of adding 100HP to it...and see how that lasts.

Actually, if you don't go drag racing every day, the CD4E should hold up just fine for 250 hp or so - especially if you have an added cooler. 300 hp would be asking a bit much. I absolutely ABUSED my Contour V-6 tranny with a heavy foot EVERY DAY 'cause I just loved how that car drove - never had any tranny problems except for an overfill DAO error. (Dumb Azz Operator)

IIRC, I think the biggest problem with a turbo on the V-6 ATX was simply lack of room for all the components because the dang tranny is so much larger than the MTX. At least that's what I got out of the various threads on the subject. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Rara:
Any thought to using an internally wastegated T3 turbine housing to save costs further? It could simplify the hot side plumbing a decent amount, and it would delete the cost of the expensive Tial wastegate. Granted, boost control wouldn't be quite as good, but, in a non-max-effort setup, it shouldn't be a real issue.

Excellent idea. It also happens to be great for me as I have one lying around in the garage. All I'd need is the plumbing and to sneak it in the door past the Minister of Finance ( wife )

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by weasel:
Any thought to using an internally wastegated T3 turbine housing to save costs further? It could simplify the hot side plumbing a decent amount, and it would delete the cost of the expensive Tial wastegate. Granted, boost control wouldn't be quite as good, but, in a non-max-effort setup, it shouldn't be a real issue.

Excellent idea. It also happens to be great for me as I have one lying around in the garage. All I'd need is the plumbing and to sneak it in the door past the Minister of Finance ( wife )

$10 to keep my mouth shut!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by weasel:

$10 to keep my mouth shut!

LMAO!

$20, and I'll keep her distracted while you swipe your credit card.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by svt4stv:
any chance on this "econo-kit" running....oh...i dunno....say $1k?

Wow - that's really funny. How 'bout another joke? :d

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by HoeClearanceStripper:
Originally posted by skunk:
I have a ? .I'm probally going to get jumped on for having an atx but how come no one makes a kit for cars with atx?
I'm just curious.

Because it won't handle the power levels.

Aka... *Ker-SNAP* If you think you have problems eventually under "normal driving condition"... just think of adding 100HP to it...and see how that lasts.

I added about 70HP total to my Tour's ATX.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard