On the way home tonight, I picked up a temperature sender, a temperature sensor, a water pump belt and a new water pump with a metal impeller.

The old water pump impeller had a crack right down the middle. It looked like it could still function randomly, but it was practically dysfunctional. I installed the new water pump and it's working well, however I neglected to do anything to treat the gasket.

I located the sender, but I didn't have a deepwell socket to remove it with. Should the sender have a wire attached to it? There is nothing attached to mine. There is a wire with a loose end hanging between the water pump and battery. It has a blue plastic end that may be broken. I took a photo, I'll post some pics tomorrow if necessary.

I *thought* that I located the temperature sensor, but I was wrong as the part I was provided with looks nothing like what I found. What I located had a spring and no wires attached to it......

The belt sold to me was way too long, so I reused the existing belt which seems to be in acceptable condition.

So, end result is that the old water pump was damaged and has been replaced with a new water pump. ...but, I don't know for certain if that was the only issue because my temperature gauge still doesn't work.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me with this.