Print Thread
Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
good job man!!

14.7 real nice run!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Sorry, I didn't mean ET. I mean trap speed. Most cars doing low-mid 15s are going about 90 mph in the 1/4. How come yours is so slow?

Chad's a fatass. He hangs his head out the window at launch so he can see the lights better but once it gets windy, he ducks his head back in to better distribute the center of gravity. Unfortunately, since his big ol' head is back in the car, he slows down before trapping.

It's the latest Fast and Furious fad. I thought everybody knew about it???

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
congrats!
i always believed you, even with these nay-sayers

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
YAY! Chad is alive and won...

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Sorry, I didn't mean ET. I mean trap speed. Most cars doing low-mid 15s are going about 90 mph in the 1/4. How come yours is so slow?

Well if you go by what the car is supposed to run stock (15.4-15.7 @87-88 mph) his trap speed is fine. Remember, these cars are geared for top end, not maximum speed for the street/strip, so that explains why it runs what it runs in the quarter. Lets also take into consideration the weather, going to the track here in Michigan in the summer is nutz if your lookin' to run your best, not to mention that the track is usually slick from the heat and all the oils come up from the pavement. I bet Chads car has a bit more in it, probably 93 mph and with some other tweaks, I bet he runs 14.5's Good job Chad, now that your done with all this and have a bit more in the pocket, come on by with the car once you get the rims!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
He significantly lightened his car. This means better acceleration at lower speeds, when it's all about getting the mass moving. Someone who has a regular 3200-3300 lb SVT and power mods to get those times would be able to use the power to both accelerate off the line AND overcome the drag at higher speeds. Lighter cars and boxy cars tend to have lower trap speeds, heavy, powerful, aerodynamic cars have higer trap speeds. But, it all comes down to the time... and lighter always wins there!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by DopePope:
congrats!
i always believed you, even with these nay-sayers

I'm just glad he's not in the pokey!

Congrats man!

Did you put in my side bet for me???

Where's my money [censored] !?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
LMAO at all of you. Yeah, the car was lightend (minimally). And Roger is very much correct, my trap speed is about where it should be at that time. I think with addition of a recalibrated SCT chip and ditching this Diablo and a bit cooler weather... i shoul dsee 14.7 easily. When I get the new wheels (if that ever happens.. no one seems to wanna pony up the money ), I'll stop by Roger. Shoot, i don't HAVE to wait that long, I'll stop by soon when we both got a chance. Still itchin' to take tha tcrossfire for a spin, as I'm sure you are the new improved CSVT.

Side bet?! Pssh, I have enough problem getting co-workers to pay up, lol. .

Oh, when I arrived at work this morning, my boss had a sign made up and actually installed in my parking spot that said "Parking for Rice ONLY!". LMAO, what a guy.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
SLIPS?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Steeda da Ninja:
SLIPS?

They'll be up tonight when I get home from work.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard