Print Thread
Page 5 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
BAH! A generic chip, no thanks! Chad, if you want a chip, I'd seriously consider ADC. Who are you going to trust with your money, someone who has done a few Contours here and there, or ADC, which have tuned/chipped probably 100+ Contours!?!? For $375.00 you can get a chip or the X-Cal unit, tuned for the mods that you have. They'll do that on top of everything your generic chip will get you.

Mark

I agree Mark, I plan on having ADC burn the chip for me. HOwever, there is NO WAY possible to obtain a chip from ADC by wednesday night.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

If you're due for a raise, get both. You said he drew up a contract for the race, that is a separate issue from your earned/merit pay raise and/or COL increase.

if u lose, u can ask for your raise and break even.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by XxPlAyBoYpImPxX:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

If you're due for a raise, get both. You said he drew up a contract for the race, that is a separate issue from your earned/merit pay raise and/or COL increase.

if u lose, u can ask for your raise and break even.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by HoeClearanceStripper:
I agree Mark, I plan on having ADC burn the chip for me. HOwever, there is NO WAY possible to obtain a chip from ADC by wednesday night.

You're probably right. Maybe give them a call tomorrow morning(9am Pacific Time) and see if it's possibly to get one overnighted? Couldn't hurt to ask. Otherwise, be prepared to rag the sh!t of your car and get yourself a nice raise!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

You're probably right. Maybe give them a call tomorrow morning(9am Pacific Time) and see if it's possibly to get one overnighted? Couldn't hurt to ask. Otherwise, be prepared to rag the sh!t of your car and get yourself a nice raise!

Mark

LMAO Mark, good man! I will call tommorow morning, lol!

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by XtrudeHoeing:
Okay, hopefully he does not check out this website as what I am about to tell you is a bit sneaky. Call up Wayne and ask him what are the safest Nitrous programs to run on the CSVT, ones that can be pretty easily installed (wet or dry). After that, go ahead and try and get a Zex, NOS, or Venom kit, and get an SCT flasher program to go with it. This way your engine can run at optimally safe levels while ensureing the presence of the "majic button" if the Hemi starts pulling away.

XL

For $500 you can install an NX wet kit, hide it well and shoot up to a 75 shot without any sweat and no chip. Just pull the platinum plugs. Personally, I'd only use enough to whip him so you don't let the cat out of the bag. Run a 35 shot and that ought to be enough to smoke him.
It uses a micro switch on the throttle so don't let him see that. Better to just use a toggle and turn it off.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by XtrudeHoeing:
Okay, hopefully he does not check out this website as what I am about to tell you is a bit sneaky. Call up Wayne and ask him what are the safest Nitrous programs to run on the CSVT, ones that can be pretty easily installed (wet or dry). After that, go ahead and try and get a Zex, NOS, or Venom kit, and get an SCT flasher program to go with it. This way your engine can run at optimally safe levels while ensureing the presence of the "majic button" if the Hemi starts pulling away.

XL

LOL, X.. you thug.

He KNOWS I don't have F/I or a chip...however, a chip is undetectable visually and he's NEVER seen my car run/raced with me. Hmmm..

I dunno, man... I almost just wanna go out there as is and given him hell, lol.

As for the "legalities".. it's his company and it's all an agreement. If I loose, so be it, my fault, lol. But, I am feeling pretty good, right.

If you don't want to chip it, and if it is for just one run.
Pull every bit of weight out that you can, use a 1/4 tank of gas, run octane booster. Clean your secondaries, clean your air filter. Run an open element filter for the run. Hell, run the one run with no filter as that can pick up to 5 HP for you.
There are little "legal" tricks.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Good advice Tom, I'm considering heading up grabbing a Zex kit.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Man, I wonder what you boss is going to do to his truck before Wednesday night lol....

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Man, I wonder what you boss is going to do to his truck before Wednesday night lol....

LMAO, I am thinking the same. Trust me, I WILL look that fugger over.

Page 5 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard