Originally posted by RogerB:
Dammit, quit poking holes in my excuses!

Using MSN Autos, which I've found to be a bit more reliable on model differences,

Given the numbers, you're absolutely right about the on-paper competitiveness of the SE against the SVT. The hp advantage of the SVT does not give it a huge advantage in autocross, esp when you consider the only slight bump in torque, coupled with the high-strung shape of the torque curve.

Probe GT. Do you really think it belongs next to the 4-cyl Contour? My gut tells me that there will be some clarification on this matter before the rule becomes final.

-> Poke

Thanks for the comparison. I pulled up the 2000 SE Sport that I used to have and MSN autos listed it at 2769 lbs just like the GL. Does your SE have the body cladding? That would add some of the weight. The larger bolsters on the seats might add a bit also (yeah pulling out all the stops to figure out the weight here )

after looking at your listings the probe/MX6 may not belong there either. I had always heard it was heavy because of the hatchback. without knowing lots more about the probe that I don't feel like researching right now (suspension setup? any factory allowances for "crash bolts" or other method of camber adjustment?, Dyno plots?, gear ratios?, spring rates?) I can't say to much more about if I think it belongs or not.

That is why it is out for member comment right now. So they can figure out if this is where it belongs.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends