Originally posted by moxnix:
From the first post

GT3 is talking about getting banned because they want stock classes to stay accessable and not have a $$$$$$$$ car be "the car" to have for the class. the GT3 starts at about $100,000 and goes up depending on the options. The orginal classing was because they wanted to give them someplace to play without mods but now that it looks like it might give other cars a run for their money they are looking at tossing it out.

The C6 Z06 is being banned from stock class right now because all the C5 guys are having [censored] fits about it and right now there are no available racing tires in the correct sizes for the car but if say a tire company came out with a few correct sized tires to their contract drivers 2 weeks before the event the cars could kill SS right now.

Probe is a heavy SOB. MX6 is lighter and shares most stuff with probe but not sure about spring rates and other stuff on that one.

Mazda 3 - This is the new focus platform with the 2.3 engine. I test drove this and did not think it was in the contour class of handleing. I might have been spoiled by my time in the miata and my fond memories of the contour at the time I test drove it so it may be better than I thought. I would be suprised (but it would be a nice suprise) if it can keep up with the Mini.

Acura - RSX only the Non-S is moving the Type-S is staying in GS.

TSX - way heavy car and softly sprung so no contour there.

Civic - people are always bragging about how much better the contour is in the handleing dept than the civic so you can't have it both ways.

Tiburon - I know 2 people that AutoX Hyundai's (not the Tiburon) neither of them have anything good to say about Hyundai as an AutoX car other than that it was very cheap.

Matrix/Vibe - ummm yeah.

Nissan 200SX SE-R - I admit to knowing nothing about this car.

Celica ('94-98)- I dont know much about the setup of these other than they are a former national champ car in E-Stock back in 98-2000.

Where exactly do you think the contour fits into that grouping?

You're asking me?

First off, I'm not a "class whiner," so you're not going to get much out of me, there.

Mainly, I find it funny that the SVT and all other V-6 Contours are in GS, and that the I4 Contours are in HS. That makes it obvious to me that if you have a Non-SVT, V-6 Contour then you need to be in STS where you have a better chance at levelling the playing field with the SVT.

Now, I find it funny and a bit odd that the V6 Probe GT (purportedly a hot little sport-hatch) moves to HS, while the 4-door family car remains in GS. Again, I don't really give a damn, but I'm curious about how this stuff gets decided. I guess we Contour owners are just not a whiny bunch like those Probe guys (just kidding, in case you're reading this.) How heavy is the Probe?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998