Next Thread
Print Thread
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Hello,

I have a 98 Contour SE with about 85,000 miles on it and think the shocks and struts are getting worn out. Has anyone recenly replaced these just wondering a general idea of what this will cost me? Will most likly have to take it some where as this is out of my leagure in regards to repairs. Any insight on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Chad

Chad 98 Tour SE Sport SVT Exhaust KKM Induction Kit
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
It all depends if you want to leave the suspension stock or lower it to improve the handling.

The best stock replacements shocks/struts are probably KYB GR-2. They are a minor upgrade over the stock struts.

If you want to lower the car and have it handle better, buy the BAT strut/spring package. The kit lowers the car and firms up the ride. Obviously, the next thing is to add bigger rims/tires to improve the handling even more.

1995 Contour SE, Duratec V6, 5 Speed
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Would probably be intersted in keeping it stock but how much difference is it in price to get the BAT package and where can you find this as well. Thanks.

Chad 98 Tour SE Sport SVT Exhaust KKM Induction Kit
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I got the Koni Kit, adjustable struts and lowering springs for $635 shipped from ajusa.com and had it installed friday for $200, so for $835 total and it handles GREAT

98.5 CSVT
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I was under the firm impression that Contours didnt have shocks...

We have struts and if you just want 4 struts buy BAT Euro Struts for 99.00 apeice. I hear they keep it nice and firm and are better in case you want to put some light spring-rate lowering springs on there later on .

Or you could drive your struts into the ground like I am...130,000 miles and they still have some life left in them...

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by KKSPORT:
The best stock replacements shocks/struts are probably KYB GR-2. They are a minor upgrade over the stock struts.

That statement contradicts every opinion of the KYB's on this site.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard