Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Any idea as to why this would happen and is it fixable? The front calipers seem fine but the rears are totally done up in rust.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
u could sand them and paint them

2002 Cougar 2.5 duratec/ mtx-75 85,0000 Mondeo ST-200 wheels/BFG KDW NT black/black Spec Stage 1 Torsen T-2 Trubendz 2.5 flowmaster dual exaust apexi s-afc II K&N FIPK
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Cool, just wasn't sure if it was as easy as that, thanks.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i think it might have something to do with the metal. iirc my fathers 95 didn't show signs of surface rust on his rear calipers but both our 99s do.

also if you think about it the rear of the car is dragged around through everything, so it gets what is thrown up by the rest of the car

this is the perfect time to paint em. get some brake cleaner and clean and wire brush everythign up well then you can either tape everything off and spray paint or you can use a brush and paint the calipers. either use a high temp paint if there is one you like, like black is easy to find this way, or you can use a high temp clear coat like I did since I painted mine T-red

good luck and you should definately like the results.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Yeah, painted calipers are def something I wanna do. I was planning on painting the chrome trim, and doing red calipers to compliment the red reflector but I dont want to take the red/black theme too far and look like im representing some west coat gang lol

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard