Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
So you don't care what kind of images or remarks a customer of X company makes? I do and so do others. It is unfortnate and I hope Wayne's tunes prove to be successful because that adds another possibility to the CDW27 list

......not if one can think for themselves ...who cares what someone says about a product or company,really???

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I should have elaborated. As I've said before, I'm not doubting Wayne and his abilities as a tuner. The GB was started by Ryan, with no data/evidence that I'd be getting a good tune. If I had a mildly modded 2.5L with no power adders, I'd probably go to Wayne regardless, as there aren't as many variables thrown into the mix as I have with my 3L, nitrous, bigger injectors & MAF, etc, etc.. ADC came out with their GB and I called them the same day.. I don't base my opinion of Wayne on what 3rd Parties have to say, as I think Wayne is a very respectable individual, as he's clearly come across as in his posts. The thing is, Wayne didn't come on and introduce himself and his tuning abilities until well into the thread, and way after I had already called ADC. I'm also one that thinks you get what you pay for, and I'm not one to skimp on projects, especially after I've already dumped gobs of money into this car as it is. In my eyes, what's another $125 for tuning when you know who you're dealing with, and you've trusted their tuning for years? I have no doubt that Wayne will become a fierce competitor to ADC in the very near future, but experience with this platform is on ADC's side, and I like that reassurance.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
If one can indeed think for themselves, then they will take in all available information one X product, to include what others say about the product. Would you have intially bought Weapon-R headers for the CDW27 hearing all the bad things about them? And now having a somewhat decent review? Would you purchase them? I'd say the likely hood has gone up....
Originally posted by tour96se:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
So you don't care what kind of images or remarks a customer of X company makes? I do and so do others. It is unfortnate and I hope Wayne's tunes prove to be successful because that adds another possibility to the CDW27 list

......not if one can think for themselves ...who cares what someone says about a product or company,really???

Ryan Trollin!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i'll be honest with you..i'm always looking for the easiest way out...and i've wanted to buy the weapon r headers since the first time i saw them...in fact i've been looking for a set for over a month now...just nowere to be found right now ......i've even bought the ebay intake and ebay coilovers....i dont really care what people say at all....i make my judgements on my own personal expirence...now trying the aformentioned pos products would i try them again?or recomend them to another ceger?..........not if i liked 'em

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
once again i posted the gb to give ceg'ers another way to get good tuning at a cheaper price, i dont represent wayne or hypillauo in any way, i am mearly a friend of his and asked if a gb here would be a good idea. and the main reason he didnt post it was cause on 90% of boards you get a newbie with 3-5 posts doing a gb no one is gonna trust them. it could be a scam. like i have said to everyone in pm's thats asked me about this, i will tell you what i know and thats minimal but call wayne and he will go over everything since i personally am not proficient enough about tuning to explain anything about it in detail. so dont base your descision on my actions, base it on ability of the tuner,and what needs you can have met. and i havent dissed ADC like i said they are a great company i meen shoot they have the best turbo on the market for our cars imo. and yeah if they can tune a csvt to over 400 hp then dayum. thats just my 2 cents. thanks

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ryan,

First off, thanks for bringing Wayne to our attention. After your last PM, I had a rather lengthy PM "conversation" with him and he was very patient, respectful, and helpful. I got all my questions answered, and I'd be happy to do business with him.

Secondly, I think you've made your point, many times over, and nothing more needs to be said until you get some dyno. People coming late to the game and flaming just need to be ignored at this point.

Later...

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
all i know is that demon among MANY others have had years of experience with the duratec motor.....and when demon speaks on the subject i have yet to see ANYONE prove him wrong on just about anything he says about the duratec,hell he runs a 13.4 with no power adder with a motor he built himself, enough said...there is a reason that everyone on here comes to him for advice,and a reason people religiously follow his advice...he knows what he's talking about...

by being relatively new here you are only going to drive away future customers,by trying to be a know it all,and try and argue with the most knoweledgeable member of these boards,maybe open your mind and listen to what he has to say,he knows his stuff.....

i personally don't even own a tour any more,but i would NOT purchase anything from you based on the simple fact that i am sick of countless threads where a few are all over your nutz about how great you are,when there has been NO data or dyno plots to prove any of this talk,no a/f charts nothing....and then the slamming of adc which has also been tuning these cars for a long time and they also know there stuff....most of the slamming is also coming from someone that knows NOTHING about tuning a car,has never tuned a car themselves before,and is judgind by a sotp supposed gain they are feeling....

some people on here act as if this "tune" is soooooooo great and that it adds like 100 hp or something,i highly doubt you would even gain 10 hp with this tune,so why not post some before and after dyno plots,and prove just how great it is,because word of mouth means nothing...

C'mon dude. Now you are sounding the same as what you claim you don't like. Everybody makes mistakes, Greg, Me, Bnoon, Buckshot, etc. That is why we know the right answers now and pass them on to others. Besides, you forget yourself when you leave out all these other people on here who actually got to the dyno and got hard earned fuggin proof about what does and doesn't work. It is our semi professional disagreements that helped to document so much.
There are really only a few people who actually paved the way with 2.5L mods, tuning, 3L conversions, hybrids, tubos and more.

This kind of talk is just as bad.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by warmonger:
all i know is that demon among MANY others have had years of experience with the duratec motor.....and when demon speaks on the subject i have yet to see ANYONE prove him wrong on just about anything he says about the duratec,hell he runs a 13.4 with no power adder with a motor he built himself, enough said...there is a reason that everyone on here comes to him for advice,and a reason people religiously follow his advice...he knows what he's talking about...

by being relatively new here you are only going to drive away future customers,by trying to be a know it all,and try and argue with the most knoweledgeable member of these boards,maybe open your mind and listen to what he has to say,he knows his stuff.....

i personally don't even own a tour any more,but i would NOT purchase anything from you based on the simple fact that i am sick of countless threads where a few are all over your nutz about how great you are,when there has been NO data or dyno plots to prove any of this talk,no a/f charts nothing....and then the slamming of adc which has also been tuning these cars for a long time and they also know there stuff....most of the slamming is also coming from someone that knows NOTHING about tuning a car,has never tuned a car themselves before,and is judgind by a sotp supposed gain they are feeling....

some people on here act as if this "tune" is soooooooo great and that it adds like 100 hp or something,i highly doubt you would even gain 10 hp with this tune,so why not post some before and after dyno plots,and prove just how great it is,because word of mouth means nothing...

C'mon dude. Now you are sounding the same as what you claim you don't like. Everybody makes mistakes, Greg, Me, Bnoon, Buckshot, etc. That is why we know the right answers now and pass them on to others. Besides, you forget yourself when you leave out all these other people on here who actually got to the dyno and got hard earned fuggin proof about what does and doesn't work. It is our semi professional disagreements that helped to document so much.
There are really only a few people who actually paved the way with 2.5L mods, tuning, 3L conversions, hybrids, tubos and more.

This kind of talk is just as bad.

not to argue with you or anything,but wtf are you talking about???????your post doesn't make alot of sense...i was just trying to explain to those guys that they are going to lose potential business if they come on here and talk a bunch of bull,which has been going on...i'm not going to dig back thru the posts but someone did in fact say demon and others were wrong and this guy was god or something...

i was merely trying to make a point that its not good business to slam someone(which has been done in other threads)because they are selling the same product...all of which was not being done by the actual guy selling the product...others are spouting off on his behalf and making him look bad....just trying to let him know that the skeptics want to see hard proof,i have nothing against the guy at all,but there are several threads that basically turn into fights,over nothing...that was all i was trying to say in my post...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by HypIllAuto:

word of mouth is everything to a business. Bottom line.
I could come to Memphis and show you what I could do with your Stang, on a dyno if you prefer.

actually i meant that you were getting bad word of mouth because others were talking smack on your behalf,which may drive away potential customers...

also just curious what you could do to my stang tuning wise...it is obd1 not obd2.....so the flasher probably wouldn't work....i do need a tune,and will need even more of a tune when i get my heads,cam,and intake......
i would get my local stang shop to tune,but they are getting out of doing those kinds of things and are strictly selling parts and building race motors...

shoot me a pm if you can with some details and maybe we can talk about it...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
shoot me a pm if you can with some details and maybe we can talk about it...

PM sent

Hypnotic Illusions SCT Tuner/Dealer www.hypillauto.com
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard