Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
actually he's spot on IMO. All Ryan is doing by his constant babbling is turning people off oof the new guy. I've only seen a few of the new guys posts and he seems like a good guy, but when you have guys running around running their mouth such as Ryan has been then it turns people off. Period.

Originally posted by dubkatz:
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
all i know is that demon among MANY others have had years of experience with the duratec motor.....and when demon speaks on the subject i have yet to see ANYONE prove him wrong on just about anything he says about the duratec,hell he runs a 13.4 with no power adder with a motor he built himself, enough said...there is a reason that everyone on here comes to him for advice,and a reason people religiously follow his advice...he knows what he's talking about...

by being relatively new here you are only going to drive away future customers,by trying to be a know it all,and try and argue with the most knoweledgeable member of these boards,maybe open your mind and listen to what he has to say,he knows his stuff.....

i personally don't even own a tour any more,but i would NOT purchase anything from you based on the simple fact that i am sick of countless threads where a few are all over your nutz about how great you are,when there has been NO data or dyno plots to prove any of this talk,no a/f charts nothing....and then the slamming of adc which has also been tuning these cars for a long time and they also know there stuff....most of the slamming is also coming from someone that knows NOTHING about tuning a car,has never tuned a car themselves before,and is judgind by a sotp supposed gain they are feeling....

some people on here act as if this "tune" is soooooooo great and that it adds like 100 hp or something,i highly doubt you would even gain 10 hp with this tune,so why not post some before and after dyno plots,and prove just how great it is,because word of mouth means nothing...

have you read HypIllAuto posts. Hes being very respectful of everyone, including adc. Theres only one guy here that is making an azz out of himself. I for one am very happy that there is another person on this board other than adc that can tune our cars, And from posts about A/F ratio's between him and demon, it looks like his tunes our gonna be more than safe. So please dont be a d!ck and give CEG'ers a bad name, Cheers.

Ryan Trollin!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
thanks rt that was my point exactly...i was not trying to be a ---- like whoever just said but i was merely trying to help him by letting him know that all these mouths running off in his behalf are doing nothing but giving him a bad rep on here....i mean there's even posts on the gb forums slamming adc on his behalf,when adc did nothing but offer the same product,and EVERYONE on here knows or should know by now that adc knows their stuff..

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Wayne, check your voice mail. I need to talk to you.
thanks,
Kevin

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
actually he's spot on IMO. All Ryan is doing by his constant babbling is turning people off oof the new guy. I've only seen a few of the new guys posts and he seems like a good guy, but when you have guys running around running their mouth such as Ryan has been then it turns people off. Period.

Which is why I'm currently working with ADC! If Wayne would have done all the talking from the beginning, he'd be getting my business. When people start speaking on his behalf with no concrete data and only opinions, I get turned off. It's too bad that he has to lose potential customers in the way he did/is/will.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
The misunderstanding continues... The post by chrisilverSVT was intended for Ryan, not Wayne... I think

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
hey here i am and didnt the mods say to get back on track. some people just dont listen

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Slurp Slurp!

Ryan Trollin!
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
all i know is that demon among MANY others have had years of experience with the duratec motor.....and when demon speaks on the subject i have yet to see ANYONE prove him wrong on just about anything he says about the duratec,hell he runs a 13.4 with no power adder with a motor he built himself, enough said...there is a reason that everyone on here comes to him for advice,and a reason people religiously follow his advice...he knows what he's talking about...

I never said he did NOT know what he was talking about. I am telling you what I know from experience and having been tuning for over 7 years.

Quote:

by being relatively new here you are only going to drive away future customers,by trying to be a know it all,and try and argue with the most knoweledgeable member of these boards,maybe open your mind and listen to what he has to say,he knows his stuff.....

Again, all I am referencing is my 7 years of tuning experience. I have not argued with Demon yet, I have been very respectful to him, as he has to me, and I plan on keeping it that way. I am here to offer an alternative to the tuning options you guys have, and do good business.
I have read back through the archives and his posts. I can tell right off that he does know his stuff. With some of that, I will make some minor adjustments to my tunes, and have a couple of members try them at the upcoming meet in Lake Placid. I will have all of my datalogging equipment, including my AF meter with me there. Why dont you come on down, would be a pleasure to meet you.

Quote:

i personally don't even own a tour any more,but i would NOT purchase anything from you based on the simple fact that i am sick of countless threads where a few are all over your nutz about how great you are,when there has been NO data or dyno plots to prove any of this talk,no a/f charts nothing....and then the slamming of adc which has also been tuning these cars for a long time and they also know there stuff....most of the slamming is also coming from someone that knows NOTHING about tuning a car,has never tuned a car themselves before,and is judgind by a sotp supposed gain they are feeling....

I addressed this issue earlier sir. Read back in the posts.
Seat of the pants is all that most have to go on. A lot of people cant afford the $75 for the 3 pulls at a local dyno, or my $50 an hour on top of that for dyno tuning.

Quote:

some people on here act as if this "tune" is soooooooo great and that it adds like 100 hp or something,i highly doubt you would even gain 10 hp with this tune,so why not post some before and after dyno plots,and prove just how great it is,because word of mouth means nothing...

Word of mouth is everything to a business. Bottom line.
I could come to Memphis and show you what I could do with your Stang, on a dyno if you prefer.

Hypnotic Illusions SCT Tuner/Dealer www.hypillauto.com
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Which is why I'm currently working with ADC! If Wayne would have done all the talking from the beginning, he'd be getting my business. When people start speaking on his behalf with no concrete data and only opinions, I get turned off. It's too bad that he has to lose potential customers in the way he did/is/will.
Mark

you're making the mistake of punishing Wayne for the actions of others. By your reasoning, if a handfull of us all started raving about how great ADC is without dyno graphs, you would be turned off to them, and that is illogical. Wayne can only be judged by the statements that he makes, and from everything I see, Wayne has been very respectfull and knowledgeable while offering an alternative to tuning source to that of ADC.

A mail order tune is a mail order tune, in either case the tuner must rely upon data gathered from previous dyno runs and the average impact of general mods.

Untill the buyer has an A/F Dyno run conducted prior to ordering the chip, sends that report to the tuner, gets and installs the chip, and then has another A/F Dyno run conducted, the tune is simply put generalized. Conducting dyno runs and having your car specifically tuned is the only way to avoid tunes based on a tuner's previous experiences.

At this point I believe that both ADC and Wayne have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to tuning, and thus far the biggest differences I see are that ADC has spent more time dealing specifically with Contours, but Wayne offers better pricing.

In conclusion, anyone basing their bias for or against one tuner or another needs a better reason than the ramblings of third-party individuals whose posts can not be controlled by the tuner.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
So you don't care what kind of images or remarks a customer of X company makes? I do and so do others. It is unfortnate and I hope Wayne's tunes prove to be successful because that adds another possibility to the CDW27 list

Ryan Trollin!
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard