Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i'm not sure how you change any of the settings? or does a sct tuner have to do it? the xcal2 doesnt let you change anything once the program is downloaded

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
From the SCT website:
Quote:

The XCalibrator 2 has both end user adjustment and high speed data logging capability. Using the keypad, you can make changes to your timing, fueling, fuel injector size, and dozens of other parameters. You can also monitor and data log all critical parameters by both connecting the XCalibrator 2 to your PC and using the SCT Live Link software, or by using the built-in LCD display.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
ok demon and capt. i dont have to prove anything to either of you

Dude no need to get defensive. From what I read no one was attacking you, only looking for data. For some of us, butt dyno and 'WOW' isn't data. So in a way since you brought it up, you do have to prove your claims.

It does not even seem that anyone is doubting his tuning capabalities. I've seen dyno's somewhere for Wayne's work on the SVTF and it's impressive, but that is a different car. For the contours we just want hard data and to see it's safe. Hell you can dump a few bottles of toulene in a gas tank and see a good increase on the butt dyno, but that doesn't mean it's safe.

Theres a good chance all this maybe for nothing and his tunes are perfectly safe power raisers.

Part of it is also your choice of words, stuff like this:
you say you know all this stuff but are you a sct dealer or tuner? untill you are dont talk about tuning cars.

doesn't help you get your point across. I am not a dealer or tuner, but give me a wideband 02, the SCT software with road to fly up and down on and I can tune my cars better then a mail order tune.

Hell, I was going to keep my SVTC stock, but seeing your reviews of his tune I started changing my mind. Give me a dyno and if proves your butt dyno then the deal is sealed that I have to cough up a few hundred more.

If you even think about, put a stock vs tuned dyno out there for all to see will help even more to boost sales. Just make it customers cars because tuners tend to run a little more to get numbers up.

Now I'm off to go find those dynos for ADC. Why can't I keep a car stock

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i'm selling custom burned chips too. if you'd like, i can get a few people to tell you how wicked they are.

please send $150 via paypal.

thank you.

p.s. i'll include a free hammer with every purchase. it can be used for installation and also for knocking some sense into yourself.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Hey everyone i just got a ride in my buddys golf cart. And all i can say is WOW!!!! that thing hauls azz. I wonder if i could put a chip in that.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car.

What are the bad things?

LMAO! yes, please explain?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
The ebay adds for 40hp chips use the word "wow" alot to. It doesn't mean [censored] without numbers. So instead of saying, my tune made me say wow louder that your tune, why don't you go get your car dyno'd and stop arguing about things you have no clue about.

Untill we get a dyno of the two tunes this conversation is pointless

Even without a dyno, .7 of a second in the 1/4 mile is verifiable proof, which Ryan has and he has repeated several times. He lauches the same, he shifts the same, the only change was the tune. That not enough for you guys?

Hypnotic Illusions SCT Tuner/Dealer www.hypillauto.com
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period

Are you running a wideband to make sure the tune speaks for itself?

The average A/F on any car I tune is at 14.2 at cruise, and at WOT it wavers between 12.1-12.5.
I DO have 2 different AF meters, an LM-1 and an AFM-1. Any more questions?

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by HypIllAuto:
The ebay adds for 40hp chips use the word "wow" alot to. It doesn't mean [censored] without numbers. So instead of saying, my tune made me say wow louder that your tune, why don't you go get your car dyno'd and stop arguing about things you have no clue about.

Untill we get a dyno of the two tunes this conversation is pointless

Even without a dyno, .7 of a second in the 1/4 mile is verifiable proof, which Ryan has and he has repeated several times. He lauches the same, he shifts the same, the only change was the tune. That not enough for you guys?

Ryan's car has gained power. I'll admit his times are faster but he can hold his car in gear much longer than a stock CSVT because of his raised redline. Most of the guys are not in the South to see him and would rather have dyno numbers than track times.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
We will be getting his car on a dyno and many others for that matter, but, bottom line is this:

I have been tuning since 1998. I am no newb at this. I tune agressively, but safely (if that makes sense to you). I will NOT do anything to your cars to cause destruction, PERIOD.
Yes I know Ryan is a bit gung ho about me and my company, but that is his perogative. He does attract attention and drum up business which I, of course, will not complain about.
And also think about this, Ryan has been preaching to you guys about my tuning for almost a year, and most are JUST now starting to notice, because people have driven his car, felt the difference, and are saying "Damn, maybe he wasnt full of crap". Plus a couple of the other members took a chance on the "new kid" and have been happy with their tunes so far.
Dont think bad of me because I am a new kid on the block, or that ADC has been around longer than I have. I know they are a good company, and have done a LOT for the Contour community. I never knock my competition, that is not good business.

All I do is state the obvious, my prices are cheaper, I offer you guys more, and I back up my work unconditionally.
If you buy from me or them, the tuning is with the same product. There are thousands of dealers out there with the SCT software, but, its the TUNER behind the programming inside is what makes the difference.

Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard