Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
And not to mention, they can show you your AFR throughout the entire pull. I'd be more concerned with my AFR than gaining a bunch of HP & TQ. As long as my motor runs safe, I'm happy!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car.

What are the bad things?

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
you guys are too much..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car.

What are the bad things?

Seriously, I have never heard anything bad about them.

EDIT: Ryan, I'm most likely going to the dyno next Saturday at Team Ford of Marietta. You could get some numbers while we are down there.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
And not to mention, they can show you your AFR throughout the entire pull. I'd be more concerned with my AFR than gaining a bunch of HP & TQ. As long as my motor runs safe, I'm happy!

Mark

This could be the deciding factor in my choice between the two. Id be really interesting in seeing wayne's tune AFR wise. Im willing to bet that the ADC tune has a relativley safe AFR as they have had many contours on the dyno.

If wayne could get a car with his tune onto the dyno, and show us the results as well as an AFR rating, it would seal the deal. He is already offering free shipping and free tunes at a lower price. I just need to be convinced that my motor will be safe. With how bad I flog my car sometimes, i cant afford an unsafe tune

And to re-iterate, im not talking [censored] about anyone. Im sure wayne and HypIll auto are more then capapble of good tuning, I would just like my mind put at ease by actually SEEING it in a dyno graph (Im a visual learner )

Cheers,

Alex

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
isnt the xcal 2 capable of tweaking the tune from wayne while on the dyno? Or didnt I understand that?

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
How are you saying that this is the BEST tune you can get and there is no data to compare the two?

DING, DING, DING...

~~~Ryan

I've seen dyno sheets of cars tuned by ADC. The gains are very nice.

Check out the dyno forum to see for yourself.

Damn you sure make a lot on unsubstanciated claims for not knowing or having any hard data.

BTW - what do you street tune your car with? LM-1 & OBD-II software???
I DON'T mean what do you change the parameters with but what do you TUNE with.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by racerbox77:
isnt the xcal 2 capable of tweaking the tune from wayne while on the dyno? Or didnt I understand that?

Yes.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by JCSVT:

Yes.

so buy the xcal2 from wayne (like I did) then take it to the dyno and tweak it. DONE.

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by JCSVT:

Yes.

so buy the xcal2 from wayne (like I did) then take it to the dyno and tweak it. DONE.

Yes, but its not that easy. Many people don't have a tuner nearby or don't know how to use the software period. Luckily I have someone who knows the SCT software nearby who can tweak the car safely.

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard