Print Thread
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period

Again, refer to my post about my nitrous. You're going off a whim that the tune is correct and SAFE. Are you running a wideband to make sure the tune speaks for itself? Ever heard the term "lean is mean"? It's known that when you lean a car out, they are runners. Keep running at ~15:1 and you'll wish you paid the $100.00 to get a few dyno pulls. Think of it as $100.00 insurance on your motor So again, I'm not questioning his ability, he may be as good as you say. I'd just like to see some dyno graphs to compare.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
when have you ever seen a tune by ADC that made someone go wow NEVER

Now you are talking out your ass.

Making a post saying "WOW my butt dyno sure likes this chip" is a complete load of crap. Plain & simple.

How many CDW-27's has this guy tuned on the dyno? How many dyno runs of 2.5L's, 3L's, S/C'd cars, Turbo'd, et cetera??? How much experience with our platform does he have?

I can guarentee I have countless more experience on our platform then he does much less being compared to ADC.

I'm not saying he isn't a great tuner & can make a great tune on the dyno, but you need to Stop being so blindly Ignorant in your statements.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
ok cameron youre right i have no clue about things

I'll cut it right there because it's the absolute truth. You are clueless!

For proof use the search feature; if you can figure it out.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
...anyways, i will be getting a dyno but that isnt cheap. and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period i am done playing with kids, back to school you 2

No offense, but you are sounding like a cheerleader. I've been following Wayne�s tunes for the SVTF crowd and he's mostly likely who I am going to steer the girlfriend to.

Regardless of a tuners reputation, assuming a mail order tune is perfect is not the best thing to do. On average many are fine in both the A/F and timing department, but you can never tell. For my GTI I have not heard of that many blowing up because of a bad tune, but in the lightning world it�s not uncommon. Granted both are boosted vehicles, but that doesn�t negate the point.

Example: The latest tune for my Lighting. First thing I felt is loss of power with the new tune. I figured it was because of a safer A/F ratio (old tune + new mods = to lean) and that it was driving smoother. I get it on the dyno and the A/F is perfect, but the truck is down 15tq and up 1hp from a previous dyno. This is not right because with the mods I put on it should have picked up about 20hp/30tq. Looking at my data log, slope timing is done. At WOT timing drops to 6.5degrees and slowly goes up to 17. But by that time I've only got about 1300rpms until redline which killed my torque band.

The tune is safe, but power is down. Butt dyno felt power down but couldn�t pinpoint the problem, real dyno proved it and solved. Your case of more power can be on the dangerous side of not testing.

On another note, saying the power is up and ââ?¬Ë?WOWââ?¬â?¢ may impress a majority of people. Then there is the minority that wants dyno proof, and then there are ones who will even question that.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
ok cameron youre right i have no clue about things, damn you are smart anyways, i will be getting a dyno but that isnt cheap. and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period i am done playing with kids, back to school you 2

Ryan, you have spent thousands on your car (~1K with CF1 alone) how can you make a comment that Dyno's cost money. A few runs on a dyno is like $100 or less. I'm not bashing but come on dude you have spent a small fortune on your car why wouldn't you want the assurance that the A/F is correct? Plus the proof of the tune will settle all of this with before and after hp/torque numbers. I for one am very interested in this but words of "butt-dyno" excitement don't get it here. Show us some dyno's guys and then we will see one way or the other.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
ok demon and capt. i dont have to prove anything to either of you i am simply giving ceg'ers the chance to have the BEST tune hands down, if you wanna go with adc then great go with them and pay more, and dont get free things. you say you know all this stuff but are you a sct dealer or tuner? untill you are dont talk about tuning cars. wayne has proven time and time again he knows what he is doing and thats all i have to say to you both. for anyone else if you want the BEST tune you can get pm me if you dont then go with adc!!!!!

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
How are you saying that this is the BEST tune you can get when you haven't even driven a car with an ADC tune, and there is no data to compare the two?

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
did i say i havent driven a car with a adc sct tune, no i didnt cause i have and i was simply not impressed. maybe it was the way he wanted his car tuned but either way i wasnt impressed. and my a/f is good we have spent timeless hours datalogging my car before and after. i dont wanna do a dyno tune. there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car. i street tune mine cause thats where i drive. where are adc's dyno sheets???

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
wayne has proven time and time again he knows what he is doing

I don't know Wayne from the guy behind the counter at a local gas station. He hasn't "proven" anything to me, other than he has some customers that are convinced his tunes are great. Again, proof is in the pudding, and in this case, the pudding is a DYNO!

and thats all i have to say to you

I realize that is all you have to say, you've tried reiterating your point several times. I don't think I'm asking for a lot when I ask for some dyno graphs. I've seen pleanty of dyno graphs from ADC customers, I've seen zero from HypIllAuto.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
and my a/f is good we have spent timeless hours datalogging my car before and after. i dont wanna do a dyno tune. there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car. i street tune mine cause thats where i drive. where are adc's dyno sheets???

not suggesting a "DYNO Tune" just simple basic dyno pulls (most shops give you 3 pulls for ~$75) to show hp/torque increases before and after the flash. If you can't do a before and after pull then a pull with the current set-up would be better then nothing. There have been enough dyno pulls around here with all the basic mods that could be used for a general comparison. If you are showing ~20HP above the norm then there is your proof.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard