Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
...anyways, i will be getting a dyno but that isnt cheap. and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period i am done playing with kids, back to school you 2

No offense, but you are sounding like a cheerleader. I've been following Wayne�s tunes for the SVTF crowd and he's mostly likely who I am going to steer the girlfriend to.

Regardless of a tuners reputation, assuming a mail order tune is perfect is not the best thing to do. On average many are fine in both the A/F and timing department, but you can never tell. For my GTI I have not heard of that many blowing up because of a bad tune, but in the lightning world it�s not uncommon. Granted both are boosted vehicles, but that doesn�t negate the point.

Example: The latest tune for my Lighting. First thing I felt is loss of power with the new tune. I figured it was because of a safer A/F ratio (old tune + new mods = to lean) and that it was driving smoother. I get it on the dyno and the A/F is perfect, but the truck is down 15tq and up 1hp from a previous dyno. This is not right because with the mods I put on it should have picked up about 20hp/30tq. Looking at my data log, slope timing is done. At WOT timing drops to 6.5degrees and slowly goes up to 17. But by that time I've only got about 1300rpms until redline which killed my torque band.

The tune is safe, but power is down. Butt dyno felt power down but couldn�t pinpoint the problem, real dyno proved it and solved. Your case of more power can be on the dangerous side of not testing.

On another note, saying the power is up and ââ?¬Ë?WOWââ?¬â?¢ may impress a majority of people. Then there is the minority that wants dyno proof, and then there are ones who will even question that.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC