Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by HypIllAuto:
Demon, though I dont know you, and you sure dont know me, how can you come on here and assume that I dont know what I am doing?

Now, does that sound like someone who doesnt know what they are doing or will hang a customer out to dry?
I dont think so.

Why is it not a custom program for his stock PCM?

That's the whole point! Screwing around with a PCM swap when a simple code change is all you need is just silly.

As for his problems...
He is putting in a PATS computer (any SVT PCM) into a non-PATS car. The harnesses are different. For starters the non-PATS harness is missing all the wiring for the PATS module and antenae that feedback to the PCM.
Also most PATS PCM's do not accept the PATS being turned off even when changed in the base code.

BTW - never once did I state anything about anyone being left out to dry now did I?

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by HypIllAuto:
Demon, though I dont know you, and you sure dont know me, how can you come on here and assume that I dont know what I am doing?

Chris told me he was doing a motor swap, and that he was running a RJL1 pcm coded CSVT computer for the swap. I tuned it for that PCM code, as he requested.
The problems that Chris is describing could be any of a few problems, possibly 2 or 3 combined.

I am having him send me back the flasher, and also send me his PCM so I can have it checked out via a Ford breakout box, by a Ford Master Drivability Tech, to make sure that the PCM itself is still good.
In the meantime, I will be reprogramming his flasher to his current stock PCM so he will be able to utilize it in the meantime for no charge.

Now, does that sound like someone who doesnt know what they are doing or will hang a customer out to dry?
I dont think so.

Well said Wayne, although I don't think Demon was referring to you but to Chris himself, hence the whole thing was just a big misunderstanding. Demon probably thought that Chris was just doing himself a diservice trying to experiment with different PCMs just because "the CSVT one would probably be better". In the end, I think that Chris got ahead of himself and used the CSVT's PCM before it received a few programming tweaks to work with his setup.

I really admire your work and think that these programmers are the best tuning gig to hit the market. Thanks for sending me that new updated tune for the lower cooling fan turn-on temp. I will flash it up in the morning . Man I am loving this thing!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
...........?????????

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by tour96se:
...........?????????

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
btw for anyone doubting demons points in this post...he has forgotten more about the duratec than all of the other posters on this thread know combined...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
btw for anyone doubting demons points in this post...he has forgotten more about the duratec than all of the other posters on this thread know combined...

.....btw for anyone who thinks someone is doubting demon,or any of his posts,...read ALL OF THE POSTS next time, i havent seen anyone question him about this yet......like happens most of the time someone(wayne) posts something,demon answers,usually with sometype of critiz'm,and then........well we've all seen it happen we know what happens after that...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
i am not starting anything here and i dont know you demon and i am sure you know your stuff, but i know for a fact wayne knows his stuff he has been tuning with sct since they started and has been tuning cars since before 1998. he has been only a ford tuner and thats what he specializes in. he has tuned hundreds and hundreds of cars and every single one has performed beter than he has expected. if you want a good quality tune with 6 months of FREE tunes go to wayne, if you want a tune from ADC with no free shipping, no free tunes and no one posting about the "wow: factor after you install it then go to ADC. everyone that has gotten a tune by wayne has put a post with "wow" in it cause the tunes are amazing. when have you ever seen a tune by ADC that made someone go wow NEVER

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
if you want a tune from ADC with no free shipping, no free tunes and no one posting about the "wow: factor after you install it then go to ADC. everyone that has gotten a tune by wayne has put a post with "wow" in it cause the tunes are amazing. when have you ever seen a tune by ADC that made someone go wow NEVER

WOW!! That's a BOLD statement you just made there! If anything, you're digging yourself a little bit of a hole Ryan. I've given you credit where credit was due, with setting up the group buy, and getting a good deal. But again, WOW!! You're going to talk smack about ADC, to SEVERAL ADC customers!?!? WOW!!!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
how is that mark. i was simply making a point man, when have you ever heard of anyone say they got thier adc chip and "wow" never. plus wayne gives free shipping and 6 months of free tunes. does adc do that no they dont. all i am saying is that you get alot more from wayne for alot less money

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

WOW!! That's a BOLD statement you just made there! If anything, you're digging yourself a little bit of a hole Ryan. I've given you credit where credit was due, with setting up the group buy, and getting a good deal. But again, WOW!! You're going to talk smack about ADC, to SEVERAL ADC customers!?!? WOW!!!

Mark

Yes, that was kind of out there but he does make some pretty good tunes. Wayne has a huge following on Focus forums such as FocalJet. I haven't driven an ADC car but I bet both tunes are probably evenly matched. You guys need to get on the dyno.

To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of mail order tunes. I've seen the difference that tuning on the dyno,knowing A/F ratios, and other variables can make. My uncle's HD gained 10rwhp on the dyno going from a mail order tune to a dyno tune but both ADC and Hypnotic seem to report good gains.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard