Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Id try and race you because of your huge cannon, and vinyl all over your car .

Id probably be shocked

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Nice job!!! Can't wait to see the numbers!!

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Intresting. Props for a custom setup.

Few questions though. Is that the oil drain up top? It appears to be a large tube, which makes me think its to big to be a feed line.
Good luck

Nope it is not the oil drain it is the oil feed line which I tapped into my oil pressure sensor switch for that feed line, the drain is on the under side of the turbo.
Quote:

u should get a heat shield for that intake filter

I actually already made one shortly after these pics were first taken, I will try to get a pic of it up as well, and yes it is huge but you cant beat the way it sounds when you shift with that 9"K&N on there, I love scaring out the girls downtown
As far as engine managment goes i hope to get down to AZ Dyno Chip someday to help me pull out all the power I can get but money is very tight and I dont have that kind of budget right now But I would love to get it on the dyno and have it properly tuned.It does run quite well though, but I'm sure it could run better.

98 Tour SVT #1819 custom turbo..again 95 Tour SE CTA intake,DND seats, removed cat/resonator,2.5" exhaust,98 SVT UIM and TB,9" K&N,custom turbo kit,greddy turbo timer,sunpro boost,oil psi,air/fuel gauges
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Ah ok, didn't think so, but do you have a restrictor in the line, getting any blue smoke out the exhaust?

I wouldn't drive it without some way to retard timing and add fuel. It will be certain disaster. Whats another $3-400 for a mail in ADC chip?

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
Nice job!!!

W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
Where's the bypass valve?

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Where is the IAT sensor? My T-SVT used to run a bit hot on the 108+ days. I can only imagine with no intercooler and an SE radiator.
Props for the follow through man. A lot can talk but only a few deliver.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Ah ok, didn't think so, but do you have a restrictor in the line, getting any blue smoke out the exhaust?

I wouldn't drive it without some way to retard timing and add fuel. It will be certain disaster. Whats another $3-400 for a mail in ADC chip?

Another $475 I believe it is for a custom turbo chip is.....well another $475 that I dont have I am not getting any blue smoke, the exhaust was smoking slighty originally but after a quick change of the oil drain line from 3/8" to 1/2" it is no longer backing up. The added fuel comes from a 255lph Walbro fuel pump and I hope to find some returnless injectors for cheap someday.
Quote:

Where is the bypass valve?

I am putting it on in the next couple of weeks because in the beginning it wasnt necessary on such low boost levels when I was first testing everything, I will post more pics as everything comes together.
Quote:

Where is the IAT sensor?

It is plugged in from underneath so you cant see it from the top pics, and yes the motor has been known to get a bit hot and it already worries me to think of running it down to Pheonix and then racing it on the track down there, we will see.

98 Tour SVT #1819 custom turbo..again 95 Tour SE CTA intake,DND seats, removed cat/resonator,2.5" exhaust,98 SVT UIM and TB,9" K&N,custom turbo kit,greddy turbo timer,sunpro boost,oil psi,air/fuel gauges
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
You at least need a blanket for that turbo and an SVT radiator. SVT rads can be found at car-part.com for about $90.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Ok it's underneath but is it before or after the turbo?

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard