Ray:
PLEASE explain that, Greg... I have coasted down 7 and 10%grade hills just for the louge effect, and it drops to idle, then stays there.. EDIT: Also do this on one particularly long, sweeping downhill right hander.. I throw it in neutral and coast through the curve (to lower the rpms and avoid oil issues... never dies../EDIT

I am REALLY asking to be made to look like an idiot, but uhm.. 1. how is coasting any different than idling in neutral (which it won't stall in)?

2. How does that explanation (that you give for number 1) apply to OUR platform, in which I have experienced it zero times in a nearly every day routine.

Thanks.

Ray

I totally agree with you Ray. I never, and you can't stall an engine when it's in neutral. I don't understand why the PCM should get the mixture richter when you are coasting, there is no difference when idling and coasting. The PCM won't send the command to get mixture rich enough to stall the engine.

When the engine revs below a certain RPM, i think it's under 1250 RPMs, the IAC takes control of the idle, so it won't let the engine stall.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.