Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
OK, looking for advice, here goes:

I bought my house in February of 04, and inherited an above-ground pool with it. Unfortunately, the previous owners didn't close it up correctly, and a ton of leaves ended up in there. I haven't cleaned it out. Last fall, I just covered it. Now we are readying our deck for paint, and are trying to decide to keep the pool or not.

I am looking at $800 Cdn minimum to get it in any kind of shape for re-use (new liner, water truck, et al. While it would be nice to have, I also have my dad's old house as a cottage (log home on a small lake), which gets my attention on a lot of weekends.

If we decide to get rid of the pool, we will need to get the deck redone a bit to take into account that there isn't a 15-foot multisided thing holding a ton of water in the middle of it.

Thoughts? Comments? Anecdotes?

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
No real advice... I guess it depends on whether or not you can afford the $800 CDN and want to spend it on a pool. If not, then closing in the deck is going to be less expensive, I'm sure.

Good luck.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
spend the $800.00 cdn and fix it, trust me a pool makes the value of your home go way up i know it does here in georgia. i am thinking about a pool myself for my back yard, but where in my yard to put it its half the size of a football field

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
If we decide to get rid of the pool, we will need to get the deck redone a bit to take into account that there isn't a 15-foot multisided thing holding a ton of water in the middle of it.

Thoughts? Comments? Anecdotes?

The pool is alot of upkeep & it sounds like you have a good weekend spot already.

I'd remove the pool, leave the deck alone & replace the pool w/ a small merry-go-round.

you can even pick your own figures...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
get rid of the rubber maid pool and get an in ground unit.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
i acquired something similar a while ago, i basically drained the whole pool - pulled out 2 wheelbarrows full of leaves/pine needles, etc scrubbed the entire liner - re-pumped the grime back out and then put 24,000 gallons back into the pool

are you sure you need a new liner? mine just needed some soft-scrub and elbow grease

it's aLOT of work, but it's well worth the pain

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by MapOfTaziF�³sh�³:
get rid of the rubber maid pool and get an in ground unit.

right, b/c if he's worried about spending $800 on an above ground, an in-ground makes all kind of sense.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I'd personally get rid of it
pools are such a pain in the ass in my opinion.
property eyesores too

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
True. When I went looking for a house, a pool was not something I wanted to deal with.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by SVZETEC:

you can even pick your own figures...

omg <3!!!!!!
thanks for the link

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard