Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1298182 06/07/05 04:13 PM
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
Originally posted by Figols:
Before you go changing injectors, check your fuel pressure. You may have a bad regulator which will make you run rich, causing stalling and black smoke, BUT with the back fire from the exhaust it could be an ignition problem. You may want to check your ignition coil as a possible suspect. Usually when they go bad it will start and run until it heats up and shorts(could be seconds, minutes or hours). A bad ECT, TPS or MAF could also cause the same symptoms and it may not throw a CEL because the car wouldn't be running long enough to. Plugging it in to a diagnostic computer (NOT a code reader) should point out a dead or dying sensor in the short time the car will run.

^^^^^^^^

Looks like he didn't get the memo!

Judging by the times, looks like the "dead post" post went up as I was typing mine . Oh well, tried to help.

Parting out 95-97 Contours/Mystiques. Contact me directly at ALFIGOLS@yahoo.com if you're looking for a particular part.
#1298183 06/07/05 04:15 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Before you go changing injectors, check your fuel pressure. You may have a bad regulator which will make you run rich, causing stalling and black smoke, BUT with the back fire from the exhaust it could be an ignition problem. You may want to check your ignition coil as a possible suspect. Usually when they go bad it will start and run until it heats up and shorts(could be seconds, minutes or hours). A bad ECT, TPS or MAF could also cause the same symptoms and it may not throw a CEL because the car wouldn't be running long enough to. Plugging it in to a diagnostic computer (NOT a code reader) should point out a dead or dying sensor in the short time the car will run.

^^^^^^^^

Judging by the times, looks like the "dead post" post went up as I was typing mine . Oh well, tried to help.

btw i tried changing my maf,ecu,tps,fuel filter,cleaned sock.....only thing i havent tried is the wires,and pack..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
#1298184 06/07/05 04:19 PM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

^^^^^^^^

I know... just messin with ya!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
#1298185 06/07/05 04:22 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Too bad Chris. It was a cool looking car, neat to see it at Carlisle. Someone there was scanning it for codes, and didn't find any. You should get the SVT and try to keep working on this one.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
#1298186 06/07/05 09:21 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
From another thread:

tour96se
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 03/09/03
Loc: rome, new york
Re: kid has a 95 SE v6 MTX but thinks it's an SVT
#963026 (Re: PlatoSVT) 06/07/05 04:41 PM Edit Reply Quote

i'll be dropping in a svt engine starting this weekend... ....waste of money?? maybe but when it comes down to it i'm only paying for towing it and my time to install it...after i sell the intake part of the engine it'll pretty much pay for the whole car

--------------------
2"true daul exhaust,unx udp,svt lim,uim,maf,19lbinj,65mm tb,sho shop cai,kkm filter,adc cst sct,cf hood,svt side,rear,front,white e1's,rev glw ggs,led rplmnts,svt springs,struts,e0 clprs,stazi mesh

Post Extras:

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
#1298187 06/07/05 09:25 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
she'll be resurected yet...not only engine swap but front brakes,front sway bar,interior....i'm winning that 1st place at carlisle next year..damn it

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
#1298188 06/07/05 09:26 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
...maybe even win best csvt

Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
....i drove out to the side of the road after work to check on her...started checking connections...when i looked down and noticed the crank shaft position sensor's wiring harness had decided to tango with the serpentine belt..and it lost ....so i spliced the wires.solered them,soltered them and taped them up...fired it up and drove it home with no problems....other than the battery light being on ..i hope the altenator didnt take a dump after only 7 months...as long as it gets me till i start the engine swap it make me no bother

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Lol Chris. Sell it and get your SVT!!

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
....how about keep it and put a new heart in it??

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard