Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by NVMYCAT:
surprised that no one has stated that I need to paint or powdercoat the rims --

Why? They look great.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
N
NVMYSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
I've been hearing that the rims are too much silver and to tie everything in better I should paint or powdercoat the rims.. The shop keeps talking me outta it so I think the next option is to see if I can score some freebies or something..

Slam it? I can't with my flares and the spacers.. I have to figure out at the moment where my safety line is at.. cracking anything will be a HUGE repair bill with the Lambo tricoat.. I have coilovers and koni's.. I drive it with the front all the way up and the back about 1/2 way down which is what the picture shows.. the front is about 3 inches off the ground and a pain.. alot of times I think the eye is tricked with my paint scheme and the dark color around the rubber making you think the car is jacked up alot.. take a look at the picture below around the wheel wells.. I didn't adjust anything.. the car is low as crap in person.. any lower and I'll crack each flare. BTW -- my car is IN FRONT of this black car..

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
hey i think i saw your car on a flatbed a few weeks ago heading west on rich road in sycamore/dekalb IL. it was that same orange. nice ride.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
N
NVMYSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
better not have been my car... its at The Speed Shop in Loves Park, IL since last Thursday -- I drove it there and will drive it back home when they are done with it..

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
better not have been my car... its at The Speed Shop in Loves Park, IL since last Thursday -- I drove it there and will drive it back home when they are done with it..

so does this mean that i can stop over and meet you and drool over the car

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
better not have been my car...

where in loves park is it? i am in rockford. if it wasnt your car then there is another orange cat running around that looks a lot like yours. do you know anyone from dekalb/syc with a hopped up cougar?

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
N
NVMYSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
not sure who's cat you saw was it all orange? it's pretty hard to miss mine because of the 2-tone scheme and the orange is super bright.. it's totally void of any brown or copper which most people opt for.. I know there is a copperish Coug with black wheels in the STL area that drives down to IL occasionally and was at HIN/Chicago this last week.

The car is currently at "The Speed Shop" 5119 Torque Drive - Loves Park, Il 61111 -- its easy to find because its the road right after the Racetrack.. The guys there rock!

Your comments probably have me either checking in or drivin out there tonight to check progress though... HAHHA - that better not have been my car on a flatbed.

N
NVMYSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

when ya wanna hang? you good with makin templates and cuttin wood? I gotta start glassing the interior when I get it back -- I can glass like a fool but its the wood framing/measuring/cutting and mocking that I suck at.

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
I've been hearing that the rims are too much silver and to tie everything in better I should paint or powdercoat the rims.. The shop keeps talking me outta it so I think the next option is to see if I can score some freebies or something..

Slam it? I can't with my flares and the spacers.. I have to figure out at the moment where my safety line is at.. cracking anything will be a HUGE repair bill with the Lambo tricoat.. I have coilovers and koni's.. I drive it with the front all the way up and the back about 1/2 way down which is what the picture shows.. the front is about 3 inches off the ground and a pain.. alot of times I think the eye is tricked with my paint scheme and the dark color around the rubber making you think the car is jacked up alot.. take a look at the picture below around the wheel wells.. I didn't adjust anything.. the car is low as crap in person.. any lower and I'll crack each flare. BTW -- my car is IN FRONT of this black car..

car looks better in that pic. i thought it was shadows playing with my eyes but wasnt sure. and a sidenote, the truck that is infront of you with its door open, nooooooo, havent seen that one anywhere! *ends sarcasm about truck* again, hope to see you at ITB and good luck with the glassing, my Integra is under the same knife.

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

when ya wanna hang? you good with makin templates and cuttin wood? I gotta start glassing the interior when I get it back -- I can glass like a fool but its the wood framing/measuring/cutting and mocking that I suck at.

i'm kinda good at it, i got some friends that are really good at doin it, I'll tell them to come along so they can help out too

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard