Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1294312 02/27/06 09:03 PM
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Those type of clips are common to a lot of the Conti-Teves / ATE calipers, and I've never had to use a tool on any of them. Typically, I push the two points into the holes, and just pull the "ears" down over the anchor bracket on either side. Once you do one or two of them, its really easy.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
#1294313 02/27/06 10:16 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Rara:
Those type of clips are common to a lot of the Conti-Teves / ATE calipers, and I've never had to use a tool on any of them. Typically, I push the two points into the holes, and just pull the "ears" down over the anchor bracket on either side. Once you do one or two of them, its really easy.

I'll have to try that.

I have a medium sized screwdriver with a slot cut into the tip. With the spring held in the slot and the rest of the tool for leverage I have good control on removing and replacing these clips. I've demonstrated the tool to seveal techs I have worked with, and many have adopted it.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
#1294314 02/27/06 11:27 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by Stazi:
WTF 1 hour to put the clip on?!

I can do it in about 30secs.

I know I am resurecting an old thread... Don't shoot me.

What is your trick Stazi? Any tips you can give me? I'm putting on new front pads...

Anyone? Is there a trick or a tool? I bought this tool on ebay ( Auction )

thinking from the description, that it might help. But it is for something else.

I remember a year ago (I can't find it now) someone referencing a tool for this... Anyone?

What, A tool for it?

If you are talking about the brake caliper spring, a screwdriver and finger strength man...

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#1294315 03/03/06 10:14 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Stazi:
WTF 1 hour to put the clip on?!

I can do it in about 30secs.

I know I am resurecting an old thread... Don't shoot me.

What is your trick Stazi? Any tips you can give me? I'm putting on new front pads...

Anyone? Is there a trick or a tool? I bought this tool on ebay [image]vanished[/url] )

thinking from the description, that it might help. But it is for something else.

I remember a year ago (I can't find it now) someone referencing a tool for this... Anyone?

What, A tool for it?

If you are talking about the brake caliper spring, a screwdriver and finger strength man...

Ya, that's what I'm talking about... I just used my fingers, probly the easiest part of doing the brakes!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard