Originally posted by svt4stv:
well said kingpin. this is the reason i dont have a Mirko. MX, you can spend all that money to make it look tits, but in a year, its probably going to look like that again anyway. i know you take lots of pride in your car's appearance, as do many in here, but this product just doesnt support that.

you will probably have to repaint it more than once a year, depending on how much you drive. the way things are going for me its going to be twice a year, with it taken off for the winter. repaint when it comes off for the winter months, and then again midway through the summer ones.

having a black car, its easy to get away with doing it yourself, because black is an easy color to match. having a body shop paint a mirko should run you in the 80-100 range per pop. me doing it myself costs me about $25 bucks. i can afford to paint it a few times by myself for the cost of one professional paint job. the pro job may last a bit longer, but its still going to get dinged up. it will have to be fixed a few times, not matter what.

bondo works fine on fiberglass for fixing small dings. i used it, turned out fine. im going to have to do a small touch up because after painting i noticed a few small air pockets i didnt notice before. no biggie.

it was worth it to me to put in the time to fix it. the body shops around me wanted around $300 to fix it. did it myself for the cost of a small can of bondo, and a couple of rattle cans. being a perfectionist about prep will go a long way as well.

a painted piece that low to the ground just doesnt work well for the paint, regardless of how you look at it.

i always say, you gotta pay to look this good!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!