Quote:

actually, it wasn't intended as a scare tactic at all. i was just trying to be upfront with you. in my initial email to you, i stated that i hoped we could handle this between you and i, and that i did not want to use outside assistance. it was in your responses to me where you said that you would not accept it if i sent it back to you, and that i should take it to outside agencies if i wanted to.

i'm glad that we will be able to work this out man-to-man. it was never my intention to air this out in front of everyone here, but you started the thread so here we are.

i wish you would have informed me of this "bump" before hand, or even after my initial email to you after recieving the item.

i am leaving work early tonight (hopefully!) to go pick it up from the shop and personally inspect it and snap pics. if my guys are way off base here, you have my sincerest apologies, but in the 15 years i've been dealing with them, they have yet to do me wrong. i just talked to him, and he actually found bondo in these spots (he says there are two), so a flaw in the mold it is not.

i will let you know what is up tonight. i truly hope we can work this out!!

I took your emails as scare tactics simply because you were a man of few words in the buying process, then the next 2 emails I get involve some sort of "threat" of authorities getting involved just out of nowhere. If that's not what you intended, I'm sorry, but that's very much how I interpreted them. Almost trying to belittle me. The bump, I honestly forgot about, as mentioned above. I had the splitter off a month prior to selling it and it sat in my garage. I even forgot about it while I had it on the car simply because it was no big deal, sure it wasn't flawless, but what is on a daily driven car? That was my view, so I eventually forgot about it. My apologies. I still stand by my statement that I noticed no difference before painting it, on the fiberglass' surface. The guy I bought it from actually said it was brand new, and it appeared to be. Is it possible to know if there is bondo under the paint without actually seeing it unpainted? I know it's obvious if it's jagged and clearly bondo, but this is a smooth molded bump...I'm not an auto body expert so that's why I'm asking. For example is there a tool they use to determine that? I'll post the pictures I sent to everybody, but they were intended to show the condirion of the paint (aka chips), and nothing more. I did not conveniently avoid certain angles or areas as alleged. It was a quick wash and snap. The bump is on the driver's side IIRC.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!