Originally posted by JonnySVT:
We should hold judgment until pics are displayed, I agree with that. I can honestly say I was up front about everything. I did not try to lie about anything, no reason to. If the repairs are clearly that visible, which I still have no idea what these repairs are, I would have disclosed that. To my understanding, you have not seen the splitter yet, you said you are relying on what the body shop told you. The ONLY thing that comes to mind about repairs is a small "bump" on the bottom front that I forgot about. I don't believe this a repair but instead a flaw in the mold or however they make these. When I got it, it appeared BRAND NEW, nothing about it suggested it had been tampered with. No differences in texture or luster of the entire piece. I saw the bump after painting it the first time and figured it was my paint job, that I had messed up. Then I realized it was there the second time also. I forgot about the bump because it is small and not extremely visible unless you're right up on it. If this is what you are referring to, I'm sorry that I forgot about that, but it's not THAT big of an imperfection. Not big enough to cause the what is going on. The email saying you would pay for shipping was sent after the email requesting I pay for shipping, I had no knowledge of that email. I just saw it right now. I have no problem giving you a refund if the bump is what you're worried about. It sucks because I'm still out at least $80 from shipping it to you, but I am also honest and ethical. We can work this out with no problems, you're emails just came off as very threatening and I did not appreciate that. If there are problems, we can work them out, there was no need to threaten to take it to "outside assistance" from the get go. I am not a kid nor am I stupid, I take offense to someone threatening me with legal action without even talking about things first. It came off as a scare tactic. I'll wait for the pictures to be displayed and we can go from there. Thank you.

actually, it wasn't intended as a scare tactic at all. i was just trying to be upfront with you. in my initial email to you, i stated that i hoped we could handle this between you and i, and that i did not want to use outside assistance. it was in your responses to me where you said that you would not accept it if i sent it back to you, and that i should take it to outside agencies if i wanted to.

i'm glad that we will be able to work this out man-to-man. it was never my intention to air this out in front of everyone here, but you started the thread so here we are.

i wish you would have informed me of this "bump" before hand, or even after my initial email to you after recieving the item.

i am leaving work early tonight (hopefully!) to go pick it up from the shop and personally inspect it and snap pics. if my guys are way off base here, you have my sincerest apologies, but in the 15 years i've been dealing with them, they have yet to do me wrong. i just talked to him, and he actually found bondo in these spots (he says there are two), so a flaw in the mold it is not.

i will let you know what is up tonight. i truly hope we can work this out!!

-dave

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/