Originally posted by lizard:
i said nothing about engine and some how everyone says 3L swap

it's really simple, you asked about turning your SE into a modified SVT, the main differneces in the SVT are: suspension, body kit, interior, wheels, shifter, sway bars, badges, floor mats, PCM, exhaust and... the engine (prolly more stuff I'm forgetting). So when everyone started suggesting the move to a 3L instead of trying to replicate an SVT 2.5L they were doing so in an attempt to help you get comparable performance to an SVT without spending two arms, a leg and your first born.

If you're not interested in increasing your car's performance, just in making it into a poser SVT, then you could have nicely said, "Sorry, guys not interested in how to gain performance, really just wondering what it would take to confuse people into thinking that my SE is an SVT."

Then we would have nicely replied, "Buy the bumpers and side skirts, remove your badges, get an SVT grill, wheels, and slit the exhaust into faux duals (like the SVT) and then it'll look just like an SVT from the outside." other's may even elaborate that to pull a really convincing conversion by including, "swap in a full SVT leather interior, and install a moon roof, and it'll be really difficult to tell."

but instead you bit the hand of the people trying to help you out, so now you are going to be hard-pressed not to have everyone respond with comments like, "Wow, what a dick!" or "Remove head from sphincter, search, then ask unanswered questions."

Now, doesn't it make more sence to be thankful that everyone responded nicely and in helpful way to begin with?

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO