I would figure out what your looking for first. I did alot to my se over a 4yr period because it gets expensive.

1st for the svt look I bought from ford the svt front/rear bumper covers, side skirts, all the grilles and brackets cost me well over $1200 before paint.

E1 wheels and tires about $900 new used maybe $250 and up.

so far roughly $2500 for kit, wheels and paint.

for the motor I did svt uim, optimized TB, injen intake, ford racing 9mm wires, jet hot headers, magnaflow hi-flo cat, resinator and dual mufflers with 2.5 piping. full dyno tune on a dynojet dyno and went from 124 hp to 156hp at the wheels after static loss comes out roughly to 190hp. My timing and fuel curves are set up for when I put my zex kit in. I'll use a 75hp shot which willl net me around 265hp with the shot.

I was't looking to make my se an svt but I do love the svt's looks so that's what I went for and modified my se to make it a better se. I believe with a some money and time you can make a real nice se with the svt look. You can get power from your 2.5 and get it close to a svt's w/o a 3ltr swap unless that's what you want. I left the interior alone because again I wanted to make a better se with the svt looks. remeber in the end you will have a better se but your not going to have an svt(if that makes any sense )
If that's not what your looking for then the others are right, just get an svt. hope this helps you get pointed in some direction.

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable