Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
Nothing else really comparable out yet that I've seen (keep in mind I don't really look for this type of equipment)

I just looked up your console on Google, holy crap is that ever a [censored] design Looks great, but wow, what a big F U to aftermarket audio companies So far every car I've bought, I've driven home only to rip the HU out within 10 minutes. This is actually worse than the Mazda 3!

Why the hatred towards the factory head units? My one experience in replacing the factory head unit with an aftermarket HU was such a nightmare that I vowed I'd never do it again. I've never seen anybody do aftermarket installations that looked stock, and frankly, every aftermarket manufacturer I've seen has very user-unfriendly controls. I want a rotary volume control and a rotary station selector control, and I can't get them in aftermarket units. Also, I don't like the teeny-tiny buttons on aftermarket units. My big hands like big substantial buttons.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles