Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Does the car happen to die when you press the brake pedals, not just "idling" in general?

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by AlbanianSteve:
im up to aboot 93,000 miles. Forgot to say i just replaced the fuel filter not even a month ago.

Also i just cleaned and re-oiled the K&N filter

The oil from the K&N can get all over the MAF wires.
Clean the MAF wires.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ray:
Does the car happen to die when you press the brake pedals, not just "idling" in general?

Ray

possibly, but not always...why what would that imply?

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Possible brake-booster vacuum leak, however, it would be very apparent, every time you tried to use the brakes it would studder, die, etc

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
ok ive been looking into some maintenence items... I figure ill switch out my spark plugs, possibly wires too, so ive got the part number for those from autozone. Now, on the how-to for the SVT Focus fuel pump on this site, it is described for the returnless fuel system, i believe, from the newer SVT's? Would this make any big differences on my E0 SVT?

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I would have to say there is something wrong with your car. That will be $40.
That was my best dealership imitation....how did I do?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
ok ive been looking into some maintenence items... I figure ill switch out my spark plugs, possibly wires too, so ive got the part number for those from autozone. Now, on the how-to for the SVT Focus fuel pump on this site, it is described for the returnless fuel system, i believe, from the newer SVT's? Would this make any big differences on my E0 SVT?

Not to sound like I'm repeating myself...

"Also i just cleaned and re-oiled the K&N filter"

This a very normal problem with cleaning K&N filters. Some of the oil is sucked off the filter and gets stuck on the two MAF sensor wires inside the air intake. If you need help finding this part or need to know how to clean this just ask. Try cleaning the MAF sensor wires first because these problems you speak of are just like that of a dirty MAF.

If you replace your spark plugs, be sure to get whatever was in the car to start with. Normally this is Motorcraft. Going with other types and brands may have very bad results.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
ok i picked up the autolite plugs from autozone today. I read somewhere here before that they are already gapped, but it says on the box to set it. I dont have the tool, so should they be alright?

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I read somewhere here before that they are already gapped

I've never seen a plug that had the proper gap out of the box.
Buy the $.99 gap tool. I would buy the Feeler gauge set for $6.00, it more precise than the disk.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
k thanks for all the help guys, id be lost without CEG!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard