Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
heres some pics that the installer has tried the JRSC parts onto a spare silvertop zetec engine which he has in the workshop.

the alternator is a bit big so he is gonna try a smaller one on from a nissan. as you can see the belt and pulley setup is slightly different from a blacktop zetec (which the JRSC kit was designed for) and its had to have a 2.5" SC pulley instead of the standard bigger pulley so it would fit. but i wanted the small pulley anyway for more boost. i realise i will need bigger injectors and MAF to run higher boost than 5PSI.

he has been to a focus breakers yard and borrowed a load of parts from a focus engine (brackets, throttle body, IAC valve etc etc) in case he needs some stuff. he is gonna fab an alternator bracket. we thought it would need a custom engine mount but now he doesnt think it will need it, which will make things alot easier.

once he has it all sorted out on the spare engine then he can swap it all over onto my car.

this will be the first (known) JRSC install onto a silvertop zetec.

i wont be using the JRSC black box, i will take it in for a custom chip tune once its all fitted (driving on minimum throttle until its properly tuned!)

unfortunately i couldnt have done it at a worse time because i've just gone and put a deposit on a new house to move in, in july! so i'll be short of cash

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
G'luck to ya m8

W
W
Blimey!!

Now i've got a stiffey!!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Bloody funny mate!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I don't even want to know what a pain replacing that alternator is going to be like with the SC in the way.

P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
only 4 bolts to take the supercharger off to gain access!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'm interested in the intake manifold.
Any pics of it?

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
yes i took all the bits of the jackson kit out of the box and photographed it all, you can see the pics here

http://www.fordmondeo.org/PhotoPost/showgallery.php/cat/658

the intake manifold is VERY big and heavy, much bigger than i expected. doesnt look so big once its on the engine.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Now, is that a return or a returnless Zetec?

97 Zetec MTX Sport Mk1 Mondeo Morettes & Clear corners Full SVT kit w/ Molded Mirko Splitter, Carbon Fibre Hood Ground Control coilovers w/ Koni adjustables, BAT anti roll bar Pics of my rides in my profile! Rally drivers do it sideways......
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard