Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Mondeo V6:
I'm being told that fitting headers gives no increase in performance over stock manifolds and as the O2 sensor is only in the flow of one cylinder

Who are you getting advice from? Wouldn't be anyone on here or on MEG I assure you. Stop getting advice from your mom.

lol,my mum wouldn't know what an O2 sensor is. I'm not starting a war here but the info came from FCO. Someone who has done lots of work on these cars and should know! This is the problem with forums-conflicting info. My thinking is thus:-

(1)The o2 sensor only needs a sample of the gases so should be OK with flow from one pipe??
(2) the stock manifold sure looks ugly and certainly doesn't look like it was made fopr performance! Surely there are some gains to be made here.

I really don't want to spend $$$$ importing a set of these(prob. end up costing double after import duty and tax,not to mention shipping )for it to be a waste of time!!!

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust