Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The EGR is different on the newer Cougars, which these were initially designed for. It's not a balls up.

I would think you could adapt the stock cat flage to fit the the bolt flange easilly.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I see,thanks. But are the UIM's where the EGR is taken off the same?(My point being that on my car the pipe from the EGR valve on the UIM that goes to the rear pre cat can be unbolted and replaced,if that's the only difference this must be a Ford part??) I don't have the stock cat any more-just the bat one with high flow cat so no flanges at all

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Mondeo V6:
Guys forgive me if this is a silly question. I have a '96 Mondeo V6 which has two O2 sensors in the pre cat. I replaced the cat and Y pipe with this as my old cat dies :-

http://www.spmotorsports.com/ATCcontour_exhaust_ypipes.html

Will these Weapon R headers fit my car? I read somewhere that they have a 3 bolt flange for the cat but i don't have the standard cat any more-does that mean these won't just bolt on? Whats the deal with the EGR? A friend of mine fitted MSDS headers and AFAIK he used his old cat (two bolt flange) and had no trouble with the EGR pipe??Thanks for any help.

If you're using the SPmotorsports Y & cat, you should be able to use the headers & just sell the WR Y pipe or put it in mothballs. Your only issue will be the EGR tube, which is easily remedied.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by MysTour man!:
Guys forgive me if this is a silly question. I have a '96 Mondeo V6 which has two O2 sensors in the pre cat. I replaced the cat and Y pipe with this as my old cat dies :-

Will these Weapon R headers fit my car? I read somewhere that they have a 3 bolt flange for the cat but i don't have the standard cat any more-does that mean these won't just bolt on? Whats the deal with the EGR? A friend of mine fitted MSDS headers and AFAIK he used his old cat (two bolt flange) and had no trouble with the EGR pipe??Thanks for any help.

If you're using the SPmotorsports Y & cat, you should be able to use the headers & just sell the WR Y pipe or put it in mothballs. Your only issue will be the EGR tube, which is easily remedied.

Dude, don't post what you don't know about!

The Weapon R headers need you to use the Weapon R y-pipe.

Mondeo-dude, I am not sure of how the EGR valve is located on the UIM. You're stressing out too much and me at the same time.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by MysTour man!:

Dude, don't post what you don't know about!

The Weapon R headers need you to use the Weapon R y-pipe.

Mondeo-dude, I am not sure of how the EGR valve is located on the UIM. You're stressing out too much and me at the same time.

Go and have a Fosters and come back later

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I would, but I don't drink goat urine. I'll take a Tennants Extra instead - cheers!

Nonetheless, what you should understand from all this is:
A) The WR header WILL fit all CDW-27 based platforms (Contour, Mytique, Cougar, Mondeo)
B) The EGR bung was made to suit the last years of the cougar, which apparently have a different routing to the headers.
C) Soemone already posted that the fix was easy suing a double compression type brass fiting - i.e. cut and reconnect
D)The WR header have a slight diffenrence in how the rear header exits, so you won't get any other y-pipe other than the WR headers to line up right
E) The WR y-pipe is a good design, better than the MSDS IMHO as it is smoother (read: no crapola V-bend like the MSDS)
F) Even thought though the y-pipe has a 3-bolt flange any decent exhaust shop coul mod the 2-bolt flange or swap it to one that would fit the 3-bolt flange.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
mmm,Tennants Extra Not quite as good as Stella. just waiting for a delivery price. EGR sounds easy to sort-i modded an SVT LIM for vac. operation without any problems,can't see a pipe causing grief Guess the only issue will be fitting the darn things-doable on a driveway??

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ive' done teo sets in my driveway now

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Ok i'm still waiting for shipping prices.Now another spanner in the works I'm being told that fitting headers gives no increase in performance over stock manifolds and as the O2 sensor is only in the flow of one cylinder(or two counting both O2's from both banks )) the cars fueling will be off Things are never easy are they.............

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ok i'm still waiting for shipping prices.Now another spanner in the works I'm being told that fitting headers gives no increase in performance over stock manifolds and as the O2 sensor is only in the flow of one cylinder(or two counting both O2's from both banks )) the cars fueling will be off Things are never easy are they.............

Whoever said that is an assclown tell them to STFU!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard