Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mikey boy:
usps does use tracking numbers. i just sent a set of lights to AZ through usps and i had a tracking number. something isnt smelling right around here.

it isnt a true tracking system. which service did you get in order to get a tracking #?
i have investigated this thoroughly at the PO.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
i am looking at the ticket right now in front of me. my lights were sent via priority mail service, and it has a "delivery confirmation number" which i tracked daily from the usps site. i dont know why this isnt a "true" tracking number. i can scan this ticket if you want, but i will have to block out the recipiants company name.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i use signature confirmation daily, which is the next step up from delivery confirmation (delivery conf w/ required signature). when you input the "tracking" # it only tells when it was shipped and when it was delivered. (or if sig conf, when it was signed for). that's all, nothing more, nothing less.

ups and fedex tracking systems tell you each time the package has entered a hub and then loaded onto a new truck. the usps system cant actually tell you where your package is right now. trust me. i have ordered stuff with usps "tracking" that was sent via parcel post from FL which takes about 2 weeks to arrive. all i knew was when the darn thing was shipped (ie accepted at the PO counter).

if Dan mailed these headlights back to these guys through parcel post it may take over a week to arrive and these guys wouldnt have a clue when that might be. of course, theyre saying the #s aren't working anyway.

-did you guys try the tracking #s in each available service usps has? they probably dont show up in a different service. of course, the number provided might have been for insurance, which isnt trackable until the package is deemed lost, which would be about another month. if he sent it via priority mail, it should arrive in 3 days, guaranteed! unless you live about 400 miles into the desert/woods by yourself. if he's trying to keep the shipping costs down, he probably didnt use priority, although it only costs a dollar or two more, in most cases. definitely with these headlights, being how light they are -no pun intended

Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
these guys cant even tell if there was ever a package shipped. the usps tracking number would confirm an actual shipment of a package.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
unless....

Originally posted by svt4stv:
of course, the number provided might have been for insurance, which isnt trackable until the package is deemed lost, which would be about another month.

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
received my lights today. took alook at them and they seem to be in good condition. everything seems to be ok except that the passenger side light fogged up a little after i put them on the car. dont know if this is just a coincidence or if i have a major problem. i am greatfull to dan for getting them to me before i needed to contact any authorities, but i will never again pay up front for something to be done by another board member. this was the worst ordeal ive had dealing with message boards and or forums. i learned my lesson.
to dan i wish no ill will and i would like you to know that all i wanted was some communication and straight foward answers from your end and this whole situation could have been avoided. i wish you and you family nothing but the best.
to the rest of you who are waiting for any kind of product from dan i wish you luck. it seems that dan WILL get you your stuff its just a matter of when. thank you to everyone who helped my situation out.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Well Luis, as I said in my PM, I'm very glad you finally got your lights. Unfortunately, I haven't been so lucky yet. I hope for Danny boy's sake, mine show up real soon. At this point, I can certainly say I do not feel the same way towards Dan, and frankly, probably never will. I'm just plain pissed.

"to dan i wish no ill will and i would like you to know that all i wanted was some communication and straight foward answers from your end and this whole situation could have been avoided. i wish you and you family nothing but the best."

Last edited by wa2tuff; 05/12/05 06:35 PM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
wa2tuff
i feel your pain bro, but ill stick with you until you get your lights. i have every PM dan ever sent to me so if need be you can show the authorities that this has been done to more than just you.
hopefully your lights are on their way. i think the CEG community should stand up and keep people like this in check. like i said ive known of forums who have threatened to have a person banned from the site for stuff like this.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Hey guys sorry I havent posted in a little while...I was pretty busy the last week. To catch everyone up, I still havent gotten my Saleen prodution # decal yet. I was supposed to recieve a PM from Dan w/ a pic of what it looks like proir to him sending it to make sure I was happy w/ it but I still havent received that either. Im in the same boat as Wa2tuff.....still waiting for my goods. Please post any updates that you have heard

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Well Dan, no lights again today. I'm not going to get into how I feel right now, suffice to say, it's a good thing I don't live in California. Your time is up, I'm going to get in touch with the authorities. I don't have to go to work on Monday until late, I'll be takin care of business Monday morning. That gives you 2 more days, after that, I'm gonna do all I can to put your (censored) in a sling.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard