Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
NEver thought about the "leaf blower" dryer. However, thats basically what a no touch dryer is...

I use my compressor with a blow out nozzle to get the water off.. works awesome, especailly on the interior.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
TronX Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by LilStripedRocket:
NEver thought about the "leaf blower" dryer. However, thats basically what a no touch dryer is...

I use my compressor with a blow out nozzle to get the water off.. works awesome, especailly on the interior.

We have an air compressor at my work. I use it to pump my tires and clean out computer dust. Hmmm.. leaf blower on my computer sounds like a bad idea. Maybe I could overclock more? Or even better, use the Leaf Blower as a Getto Car Turbo?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TronX:

We have an air compressor at my work. I use it to pump my tires and clean out computer dust. Hmmm.. leaf blower on my computer sounds like a bad idea. Maybe I could overclock more? Or even better, use the Leaf Blower as a Getto Car Turbo?

Hey, they sell things like that on Ebay.. It HAS to work, right?

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F

Lol

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

of course it will.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I used an electric leaf blower in the snow to clean off my tour no really I did. it was stupid idea because the cord was sitting in the snow and water + electric = cripsy CEGer. but it did work! hahaah

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
What happened to a good old fasion hand dry? I don't use any automatic washes, nor would I use a leaf blower. Too much sand and dirt particles that can be blown off the ground and onto the paint. Unless you like fine scratches that you get to buff out every month.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I always hand dry using terry clothes. I use the air to spray the water out of the wipe rcowl, the wheel wells, creveces, etc. It's rewarding to hand dry the car.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Y2KSVT is right. After you wash your car, blot it dry with an all-cotton towel (don't drag the towel across the paint) and then gently dry off the remaining water with a microfiber towel.

No matter how careful you are with the blower, it's gonna stir up dust and grit from the ground.

T
TronX Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by caltour:
Y2KSVT is right. After you wash your car, blot it dry with an all-cotton towel (don't drag the towel across the paint) and then gently dry off the remaining water with a microfiber towel.

No matter how careful you are with the blower, it's gonna stir up dust and grit from the ground.

If you want to do it the hard & sure way that is cool. I didn't run into any grit problems in my driveway. Then again I can see how this might not be for everyone.

I'd think if anything this would speed things up pushing water out of those small tight places on top. After that you can come back with towels and pamper it dry.

Now I just need a faster way of waxing.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard