Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I will definitely miss you... you've been a great resource, a great member, and a great moderator...

I'll step out on a limb...

When I'm not here, I post on
mazda6club.com (mostly car type, not real political)
rx7club.com (a lot of younger crap in the regular lounge, but great rotary information and the Difference of Opinion page is frequently the best political place I hang out).

I can see the issues of those not as mature as others (though sometimes I appreciate that you all will let someone do a good harmless rant). Comparing it to the RX-7 community I hang around in, there's a lot of the horseplay and adolescent stuff... but it doesn't seem to simmer like it does here.

My advice... something happens, let it go, don't nurture an incident and let that hate become an embedded part of the site to return over and over again. Say your peace, and let it be over.

Take care of yourself, and I hope our paths cross frequently.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Trapps is gone into lurking ... and Perry's back?

My mind is twisting

Good to see you Perry!

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Don't leave poor Timmmmmay out of the "old days" talk

That brought back some good memories too. I can't believe I've been on here for going on 5 years! May 9th I will own my car for 5 years too!!!

My time spent on here has also diminished quite a bit over the years, mainly in the past 2 years. But I have met some great people, made friends I otherwise would not have met and learned alot about cars in general. Not to mention all the memories from SZ02.

Hopefully you will still come back and visit, or maybe you can cure your additiction. Which gives me hope that I can cure mine some day too.

Speaking of old-timers, what ever became/ happened to Moe?

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I hope noone else who bear intelligence and a sweet car leave the forum. There's guys like me who realistically couldn't fit into the niche in time for SZ events when I joined in late '03.

Hope you come to SZ05. It will be "make or break time" for the new members that show up (I'm among them).

-Bill

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
a farewell thread i can relate to. still troll from time to time, but the glory days of ceg seem to be in the past.

that said - this place has been a great site to hang out, learn more about our cars, discuss politics , religion, sports, and other bs to pass the time. good luck to those on their way out, staying to the end, and just arriving.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BP:
... but the glory days of ceg seem to be in the past.

I've only been on the boards for 2 years. Glory days gone or not, this is the only forum I visit regularly. Everything else I've been to is filled with smart-azz kids talkin' trash, or know-it-all condescending twits puffing themselves up by making fun of newbs instead of helping them.

CEG still rocks!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Trapps:

The younger, newer members are a big part of the problem here. So are some of the older ââ?¬Ë?think they know it all and have a bad attitude members.ââ?¬â?¢ Mostly itââ?¬â?¢s the newer, younger punks though. Face it, the platform is aging and becoming cheaper. As this happens younger people can afford the cars. Younger people are inherently, as a percentage of any group, less mature. If you fit this description, please go away and come back when/if you grow up.

Could it have been the meh post that was imature?

Last edited by Th_m_s; 05/01/05 12:10 AM.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
That thread was sooo gay. I hope all who posted in it die a fiery, painful death.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Eric L:

Speaking of old-timers, what ever became/ happened to Moe?

Last i heard, he sold his car and just grew distanced from this site. I'd love to know as well. Cool guy.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
As i sit here reading all the people posting, and mentionin all the "old-timers" leaving, i thought of tryin to start a list of all the ones i remember, but it got to the point where is was really long, and i was still forgetting people. From loosing you to pascal, to world tour, to spatt, antonio, to all the others that started and continued to aid in our passion for this car i thank you. I joined this site back when i was 14, and ill be turning 19 in may, way back when we had the other board, even back then i was a contributing memember. I dont think ive ever shown my age by acting immature here, and i think that ive gained quite few friends from that.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard