Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Nice post Mark. I'll never forget the excitement in your eye after seeing the furst turbo'd SVT in MI, at Pasquales. It was great to get your blessings on my work.

Trust me mate, there isn't a day that passes when I wish I could strangle some missinformed fcukwit about some BS he posted on these forums, but I just try and put forward a good argument in the attempt to try and make them see the error of their ways.

It's hard for OG's like me, and you and Rara and Demon, but really there is no better bulletin board I have found yet. Plus who'd take me and my turbo Contour SVT?

I hope to see you at SZ if you're coming and I hope that every day, your back is feeling better than the day before.

Don't go, we'll miss you especially your occasional outburst at F'en newbies!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
I sort of thought the same way awhile back... the highschool maturity level that these boards sometimes show can get to anybody. I'm sure/hope you'll be back. good luck

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I feel your pain Mark. I miss the good ole days of CEG when even though the same questions were asked over and over again, people were still nice and polite. SZ 02 was probably the peak of CEG as far as enthusiasm for the Contour, but Mark Knox and I hope to bring that back with SZ 05. Best of luck.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
I agree with Mark as to what has happened to this group. It comes in waves...

I think there needs to be some kind of notation as to what members have purchased their Contour/Mystique when it was new from the factory (or at least had one purchased new). That way, n00bs can STFU and listen once in a while

Originally posted by Trapps:
What I implied was a higher percentage of the punks are newer and younger members.

Geez. Talk like that is startin' to make me feel unclean & unwanted.

Trapps, we've never met, but I've found much constructive information & advise in your posts, & your contributions to the site can be found throughout the archives. I, for one, salute you.

<S>

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Trapps:

For those I havenââ?¬â?¢t mentioned by name, my apologies ââ?¬â?? my memory does suck sometimes. For those others (read: immature wanker SOBââ?¬â?¢s) who I didnââ?¬â?¢t mention by name, itââ?¬â?¢s because I donââ?¬â?¢t have anything nice to say about you.

Mark,

Great words, all of it, not just the quote above. I gotta wonder, which group did I end up in.

Don't be a stranger.

TB
Last Man Standing, Friday Night Jug, SZ02

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Awww... don't leave!

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
HAHA!!! You can't be killed by conventional weapons!! You should change your name to keith richards man.

Originally posted by BOFH:
TB
Last Man Standing, Friday Night Jug, SZ02

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Corbett:
Trapps, i could not have said it better myself. Thanks for the memories. I will never forget your trying to clean those rims in Toronto while your back was killing you. I thought you were going to fall over!

Anyways, you are one of the few left on the CEG that I can respect. The others I have respect for joined in 00/01. About 99% of the rest are just hear to get in a pissing match.

Good luck with everything and hopefully when I move back to Detroit in a year we can meet up at a Redline meet or something. I hope to keep in touch.

WTF you're in OK!? Random

Mark I'm sure I'll see you around the area. I will be running my own painting business in Royal Oak, Beverly Hills, Berkely...etc. If you need some work done shoot me a PM.

Mark may not remember this, but he actually told me about CEG in June of 02 at a Redline meet...he also gave me Terry's # so I could order up my DMD.

Wow that seems like forever ago.

Thanks for everything Mark.

GO GREEN!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The forums will not "become better" in any way shape or form if our original CEGers keep leaving in droves like they are.

I'm sorry you feel forced to lurk, but if you're waiting for improvements you won't become a regular poster ever again.

I disagree with Kremit's post in this topic ... things need to be taken more seriously on these boards. Otherwise, the immaturity will continue. Of course, that's never going to happen.

As everybody here, I wonder what category you consider me to be in. (Feel free to PM ... I won't bite.)

Sorry to see you go, Trapps.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I'm pretty sure I'm the most positive contributor to this board. Don't worry; I'll never leave.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard