Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
My response was to the fact that the extra .2 to .7 quarts of oil "volume" would have no effect on "over-pressurizing" seals and gaskets.

The oil pump moves the oil and the extra volume in the pan does not change the "pressure" of the oil pump.

Changing oil viscosity was never brought up nor was physically running out of oil.

I know Greg I was just being a little anal on my response. And whenever I can give you a hard time I try to

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
et tu?

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
At high rpm it is dangerously bordering on empty if the cold oil level is less then 6 qts.

Someone along time ago tested this on a dyno. I dont remeber how and i cant remeber who it was. Im sure this is what your refering to. It was years ago. But it was posted.
iirc there was less than .5 quart in the pan at anything above 6k
Thats kinda scary.

IIRC, it was Roush Racing- when they were testing the Duratec for possible future applications.

Also IIRC, Saleen pulled out on their Contour project because they kept on blowing up motors.

You'd probably have to check the archives to get the original threads.

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Pope:
If I remember corrctly Accusump makes accumulators in 1, 2, and 3 quart sizes, Moroso does 1.5 or 3 quart. I went with the 1.5 Moroso. My reasons follow:

1. Moroso are more widely availiable (Summit, Jegs, a local shop, etc...) (in my experience)
2. I had discounts through Summit, due to recent other purchases.
3. Even WITHOUT discounts, the Moroso and needed parts (through Summit) were close to the same price as the Accusump kit (through BAT), and the Moroso is .5qt larger.

Anyone else have opinions on best size to use? Would the 1 quart Accusump fit where pope mounted his? I would assume so being that it is only smaller... I think

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Moroso's accumulators are the same diameter, volume only varies due to length. If I remember correctly, the Accusump's are almost the same diameter as the Moroso, just different lengths for the different volumes.

Supposedly any size all the way up to the 3qt will fit up there, but I know the curvature of the vent area makes the 1.5qt a tight fit to get on the mounts, so when the lenght is doubled I can only imagine that a custom mount would be needed.

Any size you choose should be usable in this spot, some will just be easier to mount.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard